It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest price are inclined to move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy premium. A study showed that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved on average $860 a year compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding low prices for car insurance in Sacramento is the reason for your visit, understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance coverage can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find better pricing on Acura ILX insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers who provide car insurance in Sacramento. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and an imperfect credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate in Sacramento. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new company or agent. Immediately put the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
How to find cheap Acura ILX insurance in Sacramento, California
Getting a cheaper price on Acura ILX insurance is pretty simple and can save money. Consumers just need to take the time to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies.
It’s so simple to compare car insurance rates online takes the place of having to make phone calls or go to all the different Sacramento insurance agencies. Comparing Acura ILX insurance rate quotes online makes this unnecessary unless you have a need for the guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Drivers can get the lowest quotes online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in California. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in California, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Sacramento insurance discounts for an Acura ILX
Companies don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Sacramento and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to track driving habits by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- E-sign – A few insurance companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application digitally online.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate and GEICO will let one accident slide before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Auto insurance companies that may offer policyholders these discounts include:
Check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not apply in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, click this link.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Acura in Sacramento, buying insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Acura at a more expensive rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your Acura gets damaged, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your ILX definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $820 a year so shop around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Local Sacramento auto insurance agents and auto insurance
A lot of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is especially important in Sacramento.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Sacramento who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to search for an agent because prices are sent to your email. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Types of auto insurance agents
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies with many different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you check rates from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Sacramento who may be able to give you price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: Rielli Insurance and Financial Services LLC
7 Parkcenter Dr #125 – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 234-1490 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are highly trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
The following are Sacramento exclusive insurance agencies that can give you rate quotes.
Selecting an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Sacramento should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How long has their agency been in business in Sacramento?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
Upon receiving good answers to all your questions and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that can service your policy.