Trying to come up with a payment for high-priced auto insurance can take a big chunk out of your monthly budget and put the squeeze on your family’s finances.
Shockingly, most consumers have been with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Sacramento consumers could save approximately 35% every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Steps to buying discount Acura MDX insurance in Sacramento
The easiest way to quote cheaper Acura MDX insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who provide car insurance in Sacramento.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as inattentive driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed application and payment to the newly selected company. Be sure to put the proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on each quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Vehicle owners have multiple insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, so many choices can make it hard to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Companies offering low-cost Acura MDX price quotes in Sacramento, CA
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in California. If you want the best car insurance in California, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Acura MDX insurance rates and statistics
The premium information shown below showcases different insurance rates for Acura MDX models. Having a good understanding how rates are established is important for drivers to make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MDX with Tech Package 4WD||$302||$426||$578||$34||$174||$1,514||$126|
|MDX with Tech/Entertainment 4WD||$302||$426||$578||$34||$174||$1,514||$126|
|MDX Advance 4WD||$302||$426||$578||$34||$174||$1,514||$126|
|MDX Advance/Entertainment 4WD||$302||$426||$578||$34||$174||$1,514||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Information does not factor in vehicle location which can affect premiums noticeably.
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can influence Acura MDX insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Rate comparison of males versus females
The example below illustrates the comparison of Acura MDX insurance prices for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Get affordable rates by taking advantage of these five discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on insurance.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next insurance statement.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings as much as 30%.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your auto and home insurance with one company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Acura MDX insurance.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The chart below shows the comparison of Acura MDX car insurance rates with and without discounts. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and their offered discounts are:
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and online signing.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for defensive driver, good student, accident-free, good driver, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include low natural disaster claims, multi-car, location of vehicle, anti-theft, annual mileage, and good student.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for defensive driving, accident-free, business or organization, good student, family plan, anti-theft, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO offers discounts for membership and employees, anti-theft, driver training, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good student, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your area. To see insurance companies who offer online Acura MDX insurance quotes in Sacramento, click here to view.
Car insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Sacramento.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Sacramento that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to you directly. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Below is a short list of insurers in Sacramento who can help you get comparison quotes for Acura MDX insurance in Sacramento.
Bob Spears – State Farm Insurance Agent
3110 Fulton Ave – Sacramento, CA 95821 – (916) 482-9227 – View Map
Finding the right company is decision based upon more than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
Auto insurance coverage basics
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the normal coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Collision coverage protection
This pays for damage to your MDX resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your MDX in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like hitting a deer, falling objects, theft and fire damage. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Acura MDX.
Due to the fact that many California drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Normally these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 15/30/5 that translate to a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as attorney fees, emergency aid and medical services. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why buying low liability limits may not be enough.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills for doctor visits, surgery and nursing services. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Cheap insurance rates are possible
Cheaper insurance in Sacramento can be sourced both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. A few companies may not have rates over the internet and usually these small, regional companies work with independent agencies.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can get a better price on Acura MDX insurance in Sacramento. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
How to buy affordable Acura MDX insurance in Sacramento
The best way we recommend to find discount car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies in Sacramento. This can be done by following these steps.
- First, get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many things that drive up the price like at-fault accidents and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit a signed application and payment to your new company or agent. As soon as you can, put the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on each quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
More detailed insurance information can be found in the articles below:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much are Sacramento Car Insurance Rates for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- How Much is Sacramento Car Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)