It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who shop around at least once a year are inclined to switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent survey revealed that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved about $860 a year as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance is your ultimate target, then having a grasp of how to shop and compare insurance premiums can help you be more efficient.
To save the most money, the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to annually compare prices from companies in Sacramento.
- Try to learn a little about how companies set rates and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like inattentive driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover more details to get low prices and find missing discounts.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Sacramento. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new insurance company. As soon as you receive it, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
The most recommended method to compare rate quotes for Acura RL insurance in Sacramento takes advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers participate in a system to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is provide details like whether your vehicle is owned or leased, which vehicles you own, driver details, and whether you have decent credit. The rating information is instantly provided to insurance companies and they return cost estimate almost instantly.
To find the cheapest Acura RL insurance rates, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in California. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in California, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but a few must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a defensive driving course could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a slight reduction on a Sacramento car insurance quote.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive for signing up on their website.
- Sacramento Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
The chart below shows the comparison of Acura RL insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The costs are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To view auto insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Sacramento, click this link.
Rates and other information
The coverage information shown next showcases estimates of coverage prices for Acura RL models. Understanding how insurance policy premiums are established can help you make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RL 3.7 with Tech Package||$370||$750||$424||$26||$126||$1,696||$141|
|RL 3.7 with Tech/CMBS Package||$370||$750||$424||$26||$126||$1,696||$141|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific location which can revise insurance rates noticeably.
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can affect Acura RL insurance costs for each different age group. The costs are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The information below illustrates the difference between Acura RL insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The rates are based on no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop full coverage
There is no exact rule of when to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Acura RL claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $300 a year for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Local insurance agents
A small number of people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheaper premium rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to insurance agents in Sacramento that can provide free Sacramento car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just a low price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How are claims handled?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
After receiving positive responses to these questions and a good coverage price, you’ve probably found an insurer that will properly insure your vehicles. It’s important to know that you can terminate your policy at any time so don’t think that you are obligated to a policy for the full policy term.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions can help discover whether or not you may require specific advice.
- What is medical payments coverage?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- What happens if I owe more than my Acura RL is worth?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Car insurance companies ranked
Ending up with the best car insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Sacramento. The company information in the next section can help you choose which insurers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Specific coverage details
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
Collision insurance covers damage to your RL from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your RL in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills for EMT expenses, dental work, pain medications and ambulance fees. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Acura RL.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like fire damage, hail damage, rock chips in glass and hitting a bird. The most your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 15/30/5 which stand for a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things like funeral expenses, repair costs for stationary objects and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why buying minimum limits may not be enough.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to compare Acura RL insurance auto insurance rates in Sacramento. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Sacramento car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Acura RL insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
When searching for inexpensive Sacramento car insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Much more information about car insurance in California can be read below:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)