The most effective way to save money on Buick Rendezvous insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who provide car insurance in Sacramento. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that increase rates like getting speeding tickets and a lousy credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment for your new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s a fact that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who shop for lower rates will presumably buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A survey found that people who regularly shopped around saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on Buick Rendezvous insurance is your objective, then having a grasp of how to shop for coverages can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
How Your Rendezvous Insurance Costs are Determined
Many things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but some are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your commute time. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in cheaper rates.
The following are just a few of the factors companies use to determine your rates.
Discounts for alarm systems – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart auto theft.
Where you live plays a part – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices when it comes to auto insurance. People who live in big cities have to deal with traffic congestion and longer commute times. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims.
Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Buick Rendezvous scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
Don’t buy incidental coverages you don’t need – There are quite a few additional extra coverages that can add up on your Rendezvous policy. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
Gals tend to take less risk – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean males are worse at driving than females. They both cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Buick Rendezvous insurance discounts in Sacramento
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may find discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before being credited. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Buy New and Save – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper because newer models are generally safer.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner can help you save on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- No Claim Discounts – Sacramento drivers who stay claim-free get the best insurance rates as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on the internet.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like State Farm and Allstate will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free for a set time period.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce your premiums.
A list of insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good driver, defensive driving training, multiple autos, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, seat belt use, good student, air bags, and five-year accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for newly married, new graduate, new move discount, newly retired, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, and exclusive group savings.
- The Hartford includes discounts for anti-theft, air bag, bundle, defensive driver, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
- MetLife may offer discounts for claim-free, accident-free, good student, multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area.
Best auto insurance in California
Buying coverage from the right car insurance company is hard considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in California. The company ratings in the next section can help you pick which coverage providers to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Cheaper coverage is out there
You just learned a lot of information how to reduce Buick Rendezvous insurance prices online in Sacramento. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices are with a small mutual company. They often have lower rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Budget-conscious Buick Rendezvous insurance can be bought online as well as from insurance agents, so get free Sacramento auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Optima in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)