The most effective way to find cheaper auto insurance rates in Sacramento is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who sell insurance in California. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to learn a little about auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause high rates like multiple speeding tickets and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides more information to get low prices and get additional discounts.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It’s amazing but over 70% of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Most drivers in America can save hundreds of dollars each year, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they switched.
The goal of this article is to introduce you to how to get online quotes and some tips to save money. If you’re already insured, you will be able to find better prices using the concepts covered in this article. Vehicle owners just need to understand how to compare insurance rates from many different companies online.
How Your xB Insurance Rates are Determined
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that go into determining your auto insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower rates.
- Certain vocations pay higher premiums – Occupational choices like fire fighters, business owners, and emergency personnel tend to have the highest rates in part from high stress and long work hours. Other careers such as actors, students and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
- Prices impacted by vehicle usage – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your auto insurance policy properly reflects the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your xB can result in significantly higher rates.
Male prices may be higher – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Women and men cause accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
The information below compares Scion xB insurance prices for male and female drivers. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Safer occupants lowers rates – Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Get better rates if married – Having a significant other helps lower the price compared to being single. Having a significant other translates into being more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- How much liability insurance do you need? – The liability section of your policy will provide protection if you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. It will provide for a legal defense which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Scion xB claim statistics – Insurers use historical loss data when setting premium rates. Models that the data determines to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more to insure. The next table illustrates the loss history for Scion xB vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Percentages below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Scion xB Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Scion xB 86 92 89 148 127 116BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Detailed insurance information
The rate information shown next outlines a range of policy rates for Scion xB models. Having a better understanding of how insurance premiums are determined can help you make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in your specific Sacramento location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates noticeably.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can raise or lower Scion xB insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The illustration below compares Scion xB auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no definitive formula for phasing out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Scion xB replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $800 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Get cheap rates on Scion xB insurance in Sacramento with these discounts
Some providers don’t always list every policy discount very clearly, so we break down some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you are just wasting money.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on xB insurance in Sacramento.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less as opposed to bad drivers.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Scion xB car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, safe vehicle, multiple autos, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, and good student.
- GEICO has discounts for federal employee, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, and multi-policy.
- Allstate may include discounts for safe driver, economy car, multi-policy, good payer, anti-lock brakes, and teenSMART discount.
- SAFECO discounts include anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, multi-car, teen safe driver, anti-theft, and teen safety rewards.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for safe driver, multi-policy, driver training, 55 and retired, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- AAA offers discounts including anti-theft, multi-car, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, education and occupation, good student, and pay-in-full.
If you need cheaper Sacramento auto insurance quotes, ask every company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply in your state. To see a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in California, click here to view.
Cover all your bases
We covered a lot of tips how to save on Scion xB insurance in Sacramento. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Scion xB rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a small local company.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, someone dropped collision coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Affordable Scion xB insurance in Sacramento is available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much is Sacramento Auto Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21 in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)