It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Consumers who rate shop once a year are inclined to switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding a lower-cost company. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who routinely compared rates saved over $70 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped around.
If saving money on auto insurance in Sacramento is your objective, learning the best ways to find and compare car insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If you want to save money, the best way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who can sell car insurance in Sacramento.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how your policy works and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper TT RS coverage is available in Sacramento. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
If you are insured now or just want cheaper rates, follow these tips to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. Our goal is to help educate you on how to compare rates easily and some tricks to saving. Vehicle owners just need to know the fastest way to shop for auto insurance instantly.
Companies offering Audi TT RS insurance in California
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Sacramento, CA. If your goal is to find the cheapest auto insurance in California, we suggest you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Lower rate quotes with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always list every possible discount very well, so the following list contains a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates. If you do not double check each discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow their company to spy on where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Claim Free – Sacramento drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy with one company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
A list of insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, federal employee, air bags, good student, membership and employees, and multi-policy.
- Travelers has savings for new car, driver training, payment discounts, early quote, IntelliDrive, student away at school, and multi-policy.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include good student, renewal discount, multi-policy, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and 55 and retired.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for multi-policy, good student, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, and safety features.
- American Family may include discounts for mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, early bird, and good driver.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To locate providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Sacramento, click here.
Local insurance agents
Some people just prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Sacramento should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Sacramento?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
When narrowing the list to find a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents to choose from. Agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can write auto insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years primarily because of high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are Sacramento exclusive agents willing to provide price quote information.
- Darryl Fong – State Farm Insurance Agent
8489 Folsom Blvd – Sacramento, CA 95826 – (916) 388-1900 – View Map
- Monique Ambers – State Farm Insurance Agent
4331 Truxel Rd Ste G3 – Sacramento, CA 95834 – (916) 928-4747 – View Map
- Ken Perry – State Farm Insurance Agent
2724 24th St #200 – Sacramento, CA 95818 – (916) 452-6668 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are independent agents in Sacramento that can give you rate quotes.
- Morelos Insurance Agency
5346 Madison Ave – Sacramento, CA 95841 – (916) 482-5500 – View Map
- Peter S Schiro Ins Agcy Inc
1515 30th St #200 – Sacramento, CA 95816 – (916) 444-9787 – View Map
- McClatchy Insurance Agency
2410 Fair Oaks Blvd #140 – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 488-4702 – View Map
Once you have answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have found a car insurance agent that can adequately provide auto insurance.
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
When searching for inexpensive Sacramento car insurance quotes, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price.
Discount Audi TT RS insurance in Sacramento is available on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide rate quotes online and these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to shop for Audi TT RS insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)