Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of car insurance customers have bought car insurance from the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Sacramento consumers could save an average of 35% each year just by shopping around, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find low-cost prices for Chevy Volt insurance in Sacramento is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers in California.
- First, take a little time to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as getting speeding tickets and a bad credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for ideas to help keep prices low and earn larger discounts.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies. Find a Sacramento insurance agent
- Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for the new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
A good piece of advice is that you use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Locating the best rates in Sacramento is not that difficult. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to find better prices using the tips covered below. Comparison shoppers just need to use how to compare prices online.
Car insurance providers offering affordable rate quotes in California
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in California. If you wish to find the cheapest car insurance in CA, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Volt insurance in Sacramento?
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies allow discounts for switching companies prior to your current Volt insurance policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you buy Sacramento auto insurance online.
- College Student – Kids who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims before the accident.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you may earn up to 20% and get you cheaper Volt insurance.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow their car insurance company to look at their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
To find companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in California, click here to view.
Four Tips to Get More Affordable Sacramento Insurance Costs
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find better auto insurance rates. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or your commute time.
The list below includes some of the items auto insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- A good credit rating can save money – An insured’s credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay. If your credit can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Volt by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The type of car or truck you drive makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The cheapest rates are generally reserved for lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Responsible drivers have lower prices – Good drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance substantially. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Prevent theft and save – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart car theft.
Chevy Volt insurance claim data – Auto insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that the data shows to have increased losses will have higher premium rates. The table below shows the loss history for Chevy Volt vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Volt Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Volt Electric 89 83 81 71 73 90BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance quotes from neighborhood Sacramento auto insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to companies in Sacramento that give free quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just the price. Any good agent in Sacramento should know the answers to these questions.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agents in Sacramento are either independent or exclusive. Either can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s good to learn how they are different because it can influence which agent you choose.
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand name rather than low price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Sacramento who may provide you with price quotes.
- GEICO: Vincent Harris
5211 Madison Ave – Sacramento, CA 95841 – (916) 923-5050 – View Map
- Ron Andre – State Farm Insurance Agent
394 Florin Rd – Sacramento, CA 95831 – (916) 428-2918 – View Map
- Yeh Ferguson – State Farm Insurance Agent
7273 14th Ave Ste 100 – Sacramento, CA 95820 – (916) 455-5000 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company so they can quote policies with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Many write coverage with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Sacramento who can help you get price quote information.
- Eugene C. Yates Insurance Agency
2021 P St – Sacramento, CA 95811 – (916) 313-6100 – View Map
- Ancal Insurance Agency
2641 Cottage Way #2 – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 485-5410 – View Map
- Leland Insurance Agency
910 Florin Rd # 108 – Sacramento, CA 95831 – (916) 428-1309 – View Map
Upon receiving positive responses to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly service your insurance policy.
You can lower your car insurance rates
We’ve covered many ways to save on Chevy Volt insurance in Sacramento. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the lowest prices come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Lower-priced Chevy Volt insurance in Sacramento is possible online as well as from independent agents in Sacramento, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver, delays in paying claims or policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)