Really, the only way to find low-cost prices for Ford Five Hundred insurance is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers in Sacramento. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as getting speeding tickets and poor credit can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to keep prices down and earn a bigger discount.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s hard to believe, but nearly 70% of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. Drivers in the United States can save up to $860 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Sacramento is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. Vehicle owners just need to use the least time-consuming way to get comparison rates over the internet.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance company rates for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Sacramento is to know the fact most of the bigger providers pay for the opportunity to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like whether your vehicle is owned or leased, coverage limits, whether you are married, and any included safety features. Your details gets transmitted to insurance carriers in your area and they return cost estimate with very little delay.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Sacramento.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Sacramento, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rates from several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might be missing out on some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Most are applied when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically before they will apply. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
- Club Memberships – Joining certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain auto insurance companies will provide an incentive for signing up on their website.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with one company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will reduce the cost of your policy.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, and online quote discount.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good student, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include anti-theft, professional/association, age of vehicle, multi-policy, low natural disaster claims, good driver, and good student.
- Nationwide discounts include family plan, multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driving, and business or organization.
- GEICO offers discounts including emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, defensive driver, and military active duty.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, anti-theft, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and multi-car.
Double check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not be offered in every state. For a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Sacramento, click this link.
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are a few of the “ingredients” auto insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Discounts for theft deterrents – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Annual mileage impacts prices – The higher the miles on your Ford every year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos left parked in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Five Hundred is throwing money out the window. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance policy is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Always keep your policy in force – Driving any period of time without insurance can get you a ticket and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Low physical damage deductibles mean high costs – Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, or theft. The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The larger the amount you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Don’t get traffic citations – Having a single moving violation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Good drivers pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with careless violations like reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- High performance equals high premiums – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a big difference in determining your rates. Economy passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Being located in a rural area is a good thing when buying auto insurance. People who live in big cities tend to have more auto accidents and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident.