It’s shocking but a large majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Sacramento insurance shoppers could save about 35% every year, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rates and save money.
If you want to save money, the best way to get discount Hyundai Elantra insurance in Sacramento is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in California.
- First, get a basic knowledge of auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates such as careless driving and an imperfect credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. This helps ensure a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
If you’re already insured or just want cheaper coverage, take advantage of these tips to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Sacramento is really quite easy. Consumers just have to learn the proper methods to buy auto insurance on the web.
The best way to compare car insurance rates for Hyundai Elantra insurance in Sacramento is to take advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data including how your vehicles are used, the ages of drivers, if a SR-22 is required, and what your job is. The data is sent automatically to multiple top-rated companies and they return quotes very quickly.
To find lower cheap Hyundai Elantra insurance rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies offer quotes in California. If you want cheaper auto insurance in CA, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Hyundai Elantra coverage analysis
The rate table shown below showcases estimates of insurance premium costs for Hyundai Elantra models. Understanding more about how car insurance premiums are determined is important for you to make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$230||$392||$354||$20||$106||$1,102||$92|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$230||$562||$416||$24||$124||$1,356||$113|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$262||$562||$416||$24||$124||$1,388||$116|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$262||$562||$416||$24||$124||$1,388||$116|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$262||$478||$354||$20||$106||$1,220||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase prices significantly.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though Sacramento Elantra insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Hyundai for a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Elantra more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in California overpays as much as $800 each year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Hyundai Elantra Insurance
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
Shown below are most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
Gals pay lower rates – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Both sexes have accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Youthful male drivers have the highest risk to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
The chart below compares Hyundai Elantra auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Prices go up with performance – The make and model of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a huge difference in your premium level. The lowest base rates are for economy passenger models, but your final cost has many other factors.
The next chart is based on a married female driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Hyundai Elantra policy rates compared to other makes and models that have different performance rating factors.
Teenage drivers pay high costs – More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable. Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be inattentive behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
The following chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Claims cost money – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in California generally give the best rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Insurance loss data for a Hyundai Elantra – Companies use data from past claims to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Models that the data determines to have high amounts or severity of claims will have increased rates.
The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Hyundai Elantra vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Hyundai Elantra Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Elantra 102 102 90 133 137 117 Hyundai Elantra GT 95 91 95 112 114 107BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Hyundai Elantra insurance in Sacramento with discounts
Some providers don’t always publicize all their discounts very well, so the below list has both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Sacramento auto insurance online.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies provide a small discount shop Sacramento auto insurance on the web.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Elantra insurance premiums with and without discounts applied. The rates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
Some companies that may offer quotes with some of the above discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not be available in your area. To locate insurance companies with the best Hyundai Elantra insurance discounts in California, click here to view.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to buying a policy, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my Hyundai Elantra?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in California?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required California minimum liability coverage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision Good agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. And buying from small agencies is important especially in Sacramento.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in Sacramento who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
What type of Sacramento car insurance agent is right for you?
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance policy providers are classified as either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can provide insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact the selection process.
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, you should always include price quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent agents in Sacramento who can help you get rate quotes.
Bates Insurance Agency | Auto Insurance and Homeowners Insurance and Car Insurance
2306 J St – Sacramento, CA 95816 – (916) 251-3548 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Sacramento willing to provide price quote information.
Picking the best car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
More comparisons equals affordable rates
Some insurance providers may not have price quotes online and usually these smaller companies sell through independent agents. Affordable Hyundai Elantra insurance in Sacramento can be sourced on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, someone sacrificed full coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
You just learned a lot of information how to compare Hyundai Elantra insurance auto insurance rates in Sacramento. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Hyundai Elantra rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Much more information about car insurance in California can be read on the following sites:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much is Sacramento Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)