If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Sacramento is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in California.
First, get an understanding of how your policy works and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a low credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides additional tips to get cheaper coverage and get discounts that may be available to you.
Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Sacramento. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, tell your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for the new policy. As soon as you receive it, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This helps ensure a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who compare rates annually are inclined to switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent auto insurance study revealed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved as much as $865 a year compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best rates on car insurance is why you’re reading this, then learning a little about how to compare coverages can make the process more efficient.
Finding cheaper Sacramento insurance quotes can be surprisingly simple. All you need to do is take a couple of minutes to compare rates online with multiple companies.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it takes the place of having to physically go to insurance agencies in your area. Doing it all online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the guidance of a local Sacramento agent. You can, however, comparison shop your insurance online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in California. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in California, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Discounts can help lower rates on Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Sacramento
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there could be significant discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Multi-line Discount – Car insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Sacramento auto insurance quote.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
The information below illustrates the difference between Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
To see insurers with discount rates in California, follow this link.
Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance coverage information
The rate information shown below outlines estimates of insurance policy prices for Mazda MX-5 Miata models. Having a good understanding how policy rates are calculated can assist in making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MX-5 Miata Sport 2-Dr Convertible||$178||$292||$384||$22||$114||$990||$83|
|MX-5 Miata Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$204||$354||$384||$22||$114||$1,078||$90|
|MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$204||$354||$384||$22||$114||$1,078||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can increase or decrease premiums substantially.
Buying from car insurance agents
A lot of people just want to go talk to an agent and that is OK! Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain better rates and still have a local agent. Supporting small agencies is important particularly in Sacramento.
By using this short form, your information gets sent to insurance agents in Sacramento that can give you free Sacramento auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both properly insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to contact several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below are Sacramento independent agents who can help you get price quote information.
Ancal Insurance Agency
2641 Cottage Way #2 – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 485-5410 – View Map
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Sacramento that are able to give comparison quotes.
Picking a car insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that go into determining your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower premium levels. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less apparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
Drivers with high credit save – An insured’s credit score can be an important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower ratings. If your credit history is not that good, you may save money insuring your Mazda MX-5 Miata by improving your rating.
Lower comp and collision deductibles cost more – The deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are rear-ending another vehicle, hail damage, and damage from wind. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
Never go without auto insurance – Not maintaining insurance is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a license revocation or jail time.
Annual mileage and car insurance costs – The more you drive your Mazda in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers apply a rate based on their usage. Vehicles that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Ask your agent if your auto insurance coverage correctly shows the correct usage. Improper usage on your MX-5 Miata may be costing you higher rates.
Affects performance affects auto insurance rates – The performance level of the car you are insuring makes a big difference in your premium level. Low performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single male driver age 50, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Mazda MX-5 Miata policy rates compared to other models that have a range of performance rating factors.
Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance loss statistics – Insurers use historical loss data to help calculate premium costs. Vehicles that are shown to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for coverage.
The information below illustrates the collected loss data for Mazda MX-5 Miata vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Values below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible||76||61||74||72|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect your Mazda vehicle and other assets
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Mazda in Sacramento, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Mazda at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Sacramento is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can compare Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance prices in Sacramento. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest prices are with the least-expected company. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Car Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Sacramento Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)