We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who compare price quotes will, in all likelihood, move their business because there are good odds of finding better rates. A recent survey found that drivers who routinely compared rates saved over $860 a year compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Ford F-350 insurance in Sacramento is why you’re reading this, then learning a little about the best way to quote and compare cheaper coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Truthfully, the best way to get cheaper Ford F-350 insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Sacramento. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Try to learn about how insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies. Find a Sacramento insurance agent
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Don’t forget to store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Lower-cost Sacramento auto insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there may be some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Most are applied when you purchase, but some must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Sacramento auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Sacramento and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a safe driver class is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts should help lower your auto insurance premiums.
The illustration below compares Ford F-350 yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rates are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, multiple policy, anti-theft, good driver, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts including federal employee, defensive driver, anti-theft, multi-policy, and emergency military deployment.
- Allstate may include discounts for auto/life discount, premier plus, 55 and retired, passive restraint, eSmart discount, and EZ pay plan discount.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, homeowner, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for safe driver, youthful driver, good student, 55 and retired, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and good student.
- AAA offers discounts for good driver, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good student, and education and occupation.
If you need the cheapest Ford F-350 rate quotes, ask all the companies how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Ford F-350 insurance quotes in California, follow this link.
When comparison shopping, more quotes helps you find more affordable rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide online rate quotes, so you should also compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below provide quotes in Sacramento, CA. If you want to find cheap car insurance in CA, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Rate information and statistics
The information shown next highlights estimates of insurance coverage prices for Ford F-350 models. Being able to understand how insurance policy rates are determined can be useful when making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$234||$490||$802||$48||$240||$1,814||$151|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 4WD||$234||$490||$802||$48||$240||$1,814||$151|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 2WD||$260||$416||$534||$32||$160||$1,402||$117|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$260||$490||$802||$48||$240||$1,840||$153|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$260||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,476||$123|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$260||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,476||$123|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$260||$490||$802||$48||$240||$1,840||$153|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$260||$490||$802||$48||$240||$1,840||$153|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch 4WD||$260||$490||$802||$48||$240||$1,840||$153|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$260||$490||$802||$48||$240||$1,840||$153|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$260||$490||$802||$48||$240||$1,840||$153|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$260||$490||$802||$48||$240||$1,840||$153|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$260||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,476||$123|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$260||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,476||$123|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab King Ranch 2WD||$260||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,476||$123|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4WD||$260||$564||$802||$48||$240||$1,914||$160|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 4WD||$260||$564||$802||$48||$240||$1,914||$160|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$260||$564||$802||$48||$240||$1,914||$160|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$260||$564||$802||$48||$240||$1,914||$160|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 4WD||$260||$564||$802||$48||$240||$1,914||$160|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$260||$564||$802||$48||$240||$1,914||$160|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$260||$564||$802||$48||$240||$1,914||$160|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 2WD||$286||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,502||$125|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$286||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,502||$125|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$286||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,502||$125|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$286||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,502||$125|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Lariat 2WD||$286||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,502||$125|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$286||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,502||$125|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$286||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,502||$125|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$286||$564||$802||$48||$240||$1,940||$162|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$286||$564||$802||$48||$240||$1,940||$162|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$286||$564||$802||$48||$240||$1,940||$162|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$286||$564||$802||$48||$240||$1,940||$162|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$286||$564||$534||$32||$160||$1,576||$131|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 2WD||$286||$564||$534||$32||$160||$1,576||$131|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$286||$564||$534||$32||$160||$1,576||$131|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$286||$564||$534||$32||$160||$1,576||$131|
|F-350 Super Cab XLT Turbo Diesel 2WD||$286||$564||$534||$32||$160||$1,576||$131|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$286||$564||$802||$48||$240||$1,940||$162|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$286||$564||$802||$48||$240||$1,940||$162|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$286||$564||$534||$32||$160||$1,576||$131|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$286||$564||$534||$32||$160||$1,576||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease prices noticeably.
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Ford F-350 insurance costs for different age groups. Data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Male drivers versus female drivers
The chart below shows the comparison of Ford F-350 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Ford F-350 yearly insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula for excluding full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford F-350 replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $400 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Lower Your Sacramento Insurance Rates
Many things are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although others are not as apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. It’s important that you understand the factors that are used to determine your premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could result in big savings.
The following are a few of the things car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
Fewer miles means better rates – The higher the miles on your Ford each year the more you will pay for car insurance. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy properly reflects the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your F-350 is just wasting money.
Raising coverage deductibles saves money – Your deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a windshield broken by a bird, hail damage, or theft of your vehicle. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Better car insurance rates for being claim-free – Insurance companies in California generally give cheaper rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Never let your policy expire – Having a gap between insurance policy dates can be a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
Ford F-350 claim probability – Insurance companies use historical loss data to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that tend to have increased losses will be charged more to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Ford F-350 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
|Specific Ford Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford F-350 4WD||78||54|
|Ford F-350 SuperCab 4WD||66||90||98|
|Ford F-350 SuperCrew 2WD||108||232|
|Ford F-350 SuperCrew 4WD||96||134||179||47||44||90|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance is available from agents near you
Some people would rather get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing an company requires more thought than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- How many years have they been established?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
Below are agents in Sacramento who can help you get rate quotes for Ford F-350 insurance in Sacramento.
Choosing the best Ford vehicle insurance in California is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford F-350 insurance, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your F-350 with a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at an extremely high rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to save money.
Car insurance company ratings
Selecting the top auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Sacramento. The ranking information in the lists below could help you analyze which coverage providers to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Persistent drivers can save
Budget-conscious Ford F-350 insurance is definitely available both online in addition to many Sacramento insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller companies work with local independent agencies.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce Ford F-350 insurance rates online in Sacramento. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding affordable Sacramento auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates come from a small local company. These companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Sacramento Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Sacramento Car Insurance Rates for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Sacramento Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)