It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from different companies in Sacramento.
- Get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic violations, and a negative credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Ram 3500 coverage is available. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you'll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It's safe to assume that car insurance companies don't want you to look at other companies. Drivers who get comparison quotes at least once a year are very likely to switch companies because they stand a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A survey found that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved an average of $860 a year compared to people who never shopped around.
If saving money on insurance is the reason you're reading this, then having a good understanding how to shop for coverage rates can save time, money, and frustration.
Car insurance providers offering affordable price quotes in California
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in California. If you want the best auto insurance in California, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Dodge Ram 3500 coverage analysis
The rate information displayed below showcases a range of policy rates for Dodge Ram 3500 models. Having a good understanding how premiums are determined can assist in making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$296||$478||$416||$24||$124||$1,338||$112|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$364||$562||$416||$24||$124||$1,490||$124|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$364||$648||$624||$36||$186||$1,858||$155|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$364||$648||$416||$24||$124||$1,576||$131|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$364||$648||$416||$24||$124||$1,576||$131|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$364||$732||$624||$36||$186||$1,942||$162|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$364||$732||$624||$36||$186||$1,942||$162|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$364||$732||$624||$36||$186||$1,942||$162|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$364||$648||$416||$24||$124||$1,576||$131|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$364||$648||$416||$24||$124||$1,576||$131|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$364||$732||$624||$36||$186||$1,942||$162|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in zip code location which can alter prices substantially.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The diagram below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram 3500 annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in California. The prices are based on no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no exact rule of when to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Dodge Ram 3500 settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing in excess of $700 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
Informed Consumers Can Slash Their Insurance Prices
Many factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are.
The following are some of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
- Safer cars lower premiums - Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you.
- Save money by having excellent credit - Your credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. Drivers with good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Dodge Ram 3500 by repairing your credit.
- More people means more accidents - Being located in less populated areas has definite advantages when talking about auto insurance. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates. Urban drivers have more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents lowers auto insurance rates - Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Never have coverage lapses - Going without insurance is a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you fines and jail time.
- Lower rates by increasing coverage deductibles - The deductibles you choose state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Age of drivers impacts prices - Older people are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable. Young drivers tend to be easily distracted in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Don't overlook these Dodge Ram 3500 insurance discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious car insurance savings.
- Early Signing - Some insurance companies give discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Paperwork-free - A handful of companies will give a small break simply for signing over the internet.
- Cautious Driver Discounts - Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Ram 3500 insurance premium.
- Accident Waiver - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will forgive one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
Don't be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram 3500 auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for student away at school, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, defensive driving training, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers discounts including membership and employees, air bags, multi-policy, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, federal employee, and daytime running lights.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century has discounts for anti-lock brakes, early bird, 55 and older, driver training, air bags, automatic seat belts, and theft prevention.
- American Family offers discounts for air bags, Steer into Savings, early bird, good student, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including good student, air bag, defensive driver, bundle, and anti-theft.
- AAA includes discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-policy, multi-car, good student, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. A few discounts may not be offered in Sacramento. To locate insurers who offer cheap Dodge Ram 3500 insurance quotes in California, click here.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Some people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the quote information gets sent to companies in Sacramento that can provide free Sacramento auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking a provider should include more criteria than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are they full-time agents?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Sacramento?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, it's helpful to know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Agencies in Sacramento can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are well trained on their company's products which can be an advantage. Some people will only use the same agent partially due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Sacramento that can give you price quotes.
- Barbara Etrick - State Farm Insurance Agent
6332 Florin Rd - Sacramento, CA 95823 - (916) 822-5110 - View Map
- Trevor Fong - State Farm Insurance Agent
7485 Rush River Dr #715 - Sacramento, CA 95831 - (916) 392-1240 - View Map
- Greg Lauck - State Farm Insurance Agent
950 Fulton Ave #175 - Sacramento, CA 95825 - (916) 978-9110 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. They often place coverage with smaller mutual companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following are independent insurance agents in Sacramento willing to provide price quotes.
- Bertolino Insurance Agency
9719 Lincoln Village Dr #409 - Sacramento, CA 95827 - (916) 384-9621 - View Map
- Indus Insurance Agency Incorporated
6968 65th St - Sacramento, CA 95823 - (916) 391-3000 - View Map
- Morelos Insurance Agency
5346 Madison Ave - Sacramento, CA 95841 - (916) 482-5500 - View Map
Once you have received acceptable answers to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to provide car insurance coverage.
Best car insurance in Sacramento
Ending up with the right car insurance company is hard considering how many companies sell coverage in Sacramento. The company information below can help you decide which companies you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
How to know if you need help
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. You are unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
Cheaper Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Sacramento can be sourced both online in addition to many Sacramento insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don't offer online price quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell through local independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price.
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions or even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
More detailed car insurance information is available in these articles:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 4x4 Vehicles in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21 in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)