It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find the cheapest price for Ford Freestyle insurance in Sacramento is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers in California. This can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations and a poor credit score can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you receive it, keep your new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you enter identical coverages on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who do rate comparisons will presumably switch auto insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent auto insurance study revealed that people who regularly shopped around saved over $3,400 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having some knowledge of how to get rate quotes and compare auto insurance can help you be more efficient.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Sacramento, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Ford Freestyle insurance in Sacramento
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be significant discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about before you get the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with all your vehicles with the same car insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Paperless Signup – Certain larger companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application on the web.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount if you qualify.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for mature driver, alternative fuel, youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, teen driver, early shopping, and switch companies.
- Esurance may include discounts for online shopper, online quote, renters, claim free, DriveSense, and safety device.
- State Farm has savings for passive restraint, driver’s education, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, federal employee, five-year accident-free, air bags, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, and seat belt use.
- Allstate includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, farm vehicle, premier discount, economy car, resident student, early signing, and senior citizen.
If you need the cheapest Ford Freestyle rate quotes, ask each company the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in every state. If you would like to see a list of insurers offering car insurance discounts in Sacramento, click this link.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
It’s important that you understand some of the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower auto insurance prices. Many things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
The following are some of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
Bad credit will cost you – Having a bad credit score is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds with excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit scores. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Ford Freestyle by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Raise comp and collision deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and having your car stolen. The deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the less your auto insurance will be.
Don’t get traffic citations – Even a single driving citation can bump up the cost substantially. Good drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get severe tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
More performance means higher rates – The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Economy passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Can’t I compare rates from local Sacramento insurance agencies?
Many drivers still like to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! Agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is still important in Sacramento.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you want a reputable agency, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Insurance agents are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand why they differ because it can factor into your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, you will want to compare quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a list of independent agents in Sacramento that may be able to give pricing information.
- Morelos Insurance Agency
5346 Madison Ave – Sacramento, CA 95841 – (916) 482-5500 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Ham Insurance Agency Inc
2210 Del Paso Rd e – Sacramento, CA 95834 – (916) 419-8228 – View Map
- Foster and Parker Insurance Agency
2020 Hurley Way – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 481-0689 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Sacramento who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Trevor Fong – State Farm Insurance Agent
7485 Rush River Dr #715 – Sacramento, CA 95831 – (916) 392-1240 – View Map
- Brian Clark – State Farm Insurance Agent
2331 El Camino Ave – Sacramento, CA 95821 – (916) 488-2212 – View Map
- Bob Spears – State Farm Insurance Agent
3110 Fulton Ave – Sacramento, CA 95821 – (916) 482-9227 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Sacramento should have no problem answering these questions:
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Best car insurance in Sacramento
Insuring your vehicle with a high-quality company is difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in California. The information shown below can help you analyze which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Cheap insurance premiums are possible
In this article, we presented many ideas to lower your Ford Freestyle insurance rates in Sacramento. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Additional detailed information is available at these sites:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Active Military in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)