It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who do rate comparisons are very likely to buy a different policy because they have a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A recent auto insurance study revealed that drivers who regularly shopped around saved $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If saving the most money on insurance is why you’re here, then knowing how to get price quotes and compare car insurance can help make the process easier.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to save money on Honda Insight insurance in Sacramento is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers in California. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Try to comprehend car insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Insight coverage is available. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is to try to compare the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. This provides a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Comparing rates for the lowest cost policy in Sacramento can be fairly easy. If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to find the best rates without having to cut coverage. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the proper way to get comparison quotes from many different companies online.
Which Honda Insight insurance is cheapest in Sacramento, California?
Many insurance companies allow consumers to get prices on the web. Getting online quotes for Honda Insight insurance in Sacramento is fairly straightforward because you just enter the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. After you complete the form, their rating system sends out for reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price based on these factors.
Quoting online for Honda Insight insurance in Sacramento makes it simple to compare prices and it is important to compare as many rates as possible in order to get the most affordable premium possible.
To quickly use this form to compare rates, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you input deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this guarantees you will have a fair comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Insurance data for a Honda Insight
The table below showcases detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Honda Insight models. Learning as much as possible about how car insurance prices are determined is important to be able to make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase coverage rates substantially.
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can influence Honda Insight annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The costs are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Annual premiums comparing men and women in Sacramento
The information below illustrates the difference between Honda Insight insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Don’t neglect these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Sacramento auto insurance online.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Buy New and Save – Putting insurance coverage on a new Insight can get you a discount because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for switching to them before your current Insight insurance policy expires. You may see this discount when you get Sacramento auto insurance quotes online.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers get the best insurance rates when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Telematics Discount – Sacramento drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to analyze vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Sacramento auto insurance quote. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- E-sign – A handful of larger companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The chart below shows the difference between Honda Insight annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The price estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Some companies who might offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting free Sacramento auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Discounts may not be available in Sacramento. For a list of companies that offer multiple discounts in Sacramento, click here.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, paying for auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Honda at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Honda gets damaged, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
How to find a good California car insurance company
Finding the right car insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies there are in Sacramento. The ranking information below could help you choose which providers to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Local insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local agents is still important in Sacramento.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to companies in Sacramento that can give you free Sacramento auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent directly to you. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When narrowing the list to find a local Sacramento insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agencies in Sacramento can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can provide car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the differences because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need lower rates, you need to include rate quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Sacramento that can possibly get you competitive price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Greg Comia Insurance Agency Inc
7500 Elsie Ave Ste 106 – Sacramento, CA 95828 – (916) 682-6053 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Wellco Insurance Agency Inc
6905 Stockton Blvd Ste 230 – Sacramento, CA 95823 – (916) 399-8113 – View Map
- Foster and Parker Insurance Agency
2020 Hurley Way – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 481-0689 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. They receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years primarily because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Sacramento willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Bill Batchelder – State Farm Insurance Agent
8887 Folsom Blvd #3a – Sacramento, CA 95826 – (916) 361-3114 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: John Chandler
900 Jefferson Blvd #110 – West Sacramento, CA 95691 – (916) 374-1600 – View Map
- Tim Kwong – State Farm Insurance Agent
1035 Jefferson Blvd #5 – West Sacramento, CA 95691 – (916) 371-4730 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Which family members are covered?
- How long has the business existed?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
After you get good feedback to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to adequately provide car insurance. But remember, consumers can cancel your coverage whenever you choose to so don’t think you’re contractually obligated to a policy for the entire policy term.