Unbelievably, nearly 70% of customers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Sacramento consumers could pocket $500 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rates.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper Honda S2000 insurance in Sacramento is to compare prices regularly from companies who provide auto insurance in California. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and poor credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment for your new policy. Make sure you place the new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One bit of advice is to use identical coverage information on each quote request and to quote with every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the best price selection.
Cheap companies for Honda S2000 insurance in California
The following companies are ready to provide free rate quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts can help lower rates on Honda S2000 insurance in Sacramento
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but some need to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies provide a small discount for completing your application online.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on S2000 insurance in Sacramento.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with the same company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- State Farm discounts include driver’s education, anti-theft, passive restraint, student away at school, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for homeowner, youthful driver, alternative fuel, distant student, electronic funds transfer, and teen driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, air bags, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- American Family has savings for accident-free, early bird, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, and good driver.
- Nationwide offers discounts for family plan, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, good student, multi-policy, easy pay, and defensive driving.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
If you want low cost Sacramento auto insurance quotes, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Sacramento. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Sacramento, click this link.
When to get professional advice
Always remember that when buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Sacramento?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Insurance agents near you
Some people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Sacramento.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Sacramento who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Below is a short list of insurers in Sacramento that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Honda S2000 insurance in Sacramento.
Bob Spears – State Farm Insurance Agent
3110 Fulton Ave – Sacramento, CA 95821 – (916) 482-9227 – View Map
Melissa Saites Nelson Insurance Agency, Inc.
4749 J St – Sacramento, CA 95819 – (916) 531-6061 – View Map
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How are claims handled?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How long have they been in business?
If you feel you receive answers to your satisfaction as well as affordable Honda S2000 insurance rates in Sacramento quotes, chances are good that you have found an provider that is reliable enough to provide car insurance coverage. But keep in mind you have the power to terminate coverage any time you want so never feel that you’re stuck with your new company indefinitely.
Sacramento auto insurance company ratings
Ending up with a good quality company is hard considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in California. The company information listed below could help you decide which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
You can find cheap coverage
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund and denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We covered a lot of ways to lower your Honda S2000 insurance prices in Sacramento. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices come from a smaller regional carrier.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Car Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)