If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find low-cost prices for Jaguar XF insurance in Sacramento is to regularly compare prices from insurers who provide car insurance in California.
- First, try to understand how your policy works and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many factors that result in higher prices like distracted driving and an imperfect credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for the details to get cheaper rates and find hidden discounts.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies. View companies
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper XF coverage is available. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
Unbelievable but true according to a study over 70% of consumers have been with the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Sacramento consumers could save themselves roughly $470 a year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate the rate savings if they switch to a new company.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Sacramento is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you’re already insured, you will definitely be able to find better prices using this strategy. But California vehicle owners must understand how big insurance companies sell online and take advantage of how the system works.
Lower-cost Jaguar XF insurance rates in Sacramento
Some companies don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so here is a list a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have better prices if you take out life insurance from them.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies with one company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Paper-free Discount – Some car insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on their website.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a defensive driver course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on XF insurance in Sacramento.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The chart below compares Jaguar XF annual premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good driver, safe vehicle, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, student away at school, and multiple policy.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, good student, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife offers discounts including accident-free, good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, and claim-free.
- Farm Bureau has savings for safe driver, driver training, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and renewal discount.
- GEICO has discounts for seat belt use, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, military active duty, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO includes discounts for multi-car, safe driver, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, and anti-theft.
If you want inexpensive Sacramento auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer free Jaguar XF insurance quotes in California, follow this link.
All major auto insurance companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm provide prices for coverage direct online. Doing online price comparisons for Jaguar XF insurance in Sacramento is quite easy because it’s just a matter of typing in your personal and coverage information on the page. Once you submit the form, their system collects credit information and your driving record and quotes a price based on the data you entered.
Using the web to get quotes for Jaguar XF insurance in Sacramento makes it simple to compare prices and it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step if you want to get affordable rates.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This ensures you will have comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The following companies offer quotes in Sacramento, CA. To find cheaper car insurance in CA, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Insurance rate breakdown
The information below outlines detailed analysis of prices for Jaguar XF models. Having insight into how policy premiums are determined is important to be able to make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XF Luxury 4-Dr Sedan||$454||$1032||$464||$28||$138||$2,116||$176|
|XF Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$454||$1032||$464||$28||$138||$2,116||$176|
|XF Supercharged 4-Dr Sedan||$496||$1152||$464||$28||$138||$2,278||$190|
|XF R 4-Dr Sedan||$538||$1272||$464||$28||$138||$2,440||$203|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in garaging location in Sacramento which can increase or decrease prices substantially.
Higher deductibles save money
One frequently asked question is which comprehensive and collision deductibles to buy. The comparisons below outline the difference in cost between low and high policy deductibles. The first rate table uses a $100 deductible for physical damage and the second price chart uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XF Luxury 4-Dr Sedan||$528||$1054||$442||$26||$132||$2,207||$184|
|XF Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$528||$1054||$442||$26||$132||$2,207||$184|
|XF Supercharged 4-Dr Sedan||$576||$1176||$442||$26||$132||$2,377||$198|
|XF R 4-Dr Sedan||$624||$1298||$442||$26||$132||$2,547||$212|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XF Luxury 4-Dr Sedan||$384||$712||$442||$26||$132||$1,696||$141|
|XF Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$384||$712||$442||$26||$132||$1,696||$141|
|XF Supercharged 4-Dr Sedan||$420||$794||$442||$26||$132||$1,814||$151|
|XF R 4-Dr Sedan||$456||$878||$442||$26||$132||$1,934||$161|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in your specific Sacramento location which can influence prices greatly.
Based on these figures, using a $100 deductible will cost you roughly $46 more each month or $552 annually than selecting the higher $500 deductible. Due to the fact that you would have to pay $400 more out of your own pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you usually have more than 9 months between claims, you would more than likely save some money by going with a higher deductible.
Jaguar XF insurance rates: Men versus women
The example below shows the difference between Jaguar XF car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Jaguar XF full coverage rates compared to liability only
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Jaguar XF auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premiums are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There isn’t a written rule to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Jaguar XF replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $700 annually to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not advised. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Jaguar XF Insurance Prices Can Be Reduced
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the things that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower car insurance prices. Many factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
The following are some of the things car insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Occupation stress can make you pay more – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Jobs such as real estate brokers, business owners, and accountants are shown to have higher rates than average because of high stress and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, jobs such as professors, athletes and retirees pay lower than average rates.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are a lot of additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Bad credit hurts insurance premiums – Credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit rating can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Jaguar XF by improving your rating.
Your age impacts your rates – Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable. Youthful drivers have been known to be inattentive when driving with friends and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
The following data is based on a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Driving citations cost more than a fine – Your driving citation history can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Only having one moving violation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers with multiple citations such as reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can affect Jaguar XF insurance premiums for each different age category. The data is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
- Premiums impacted by your city – Residing in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers and short commutes means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers have to deal with traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. More time commuting means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- What’s your car’s safety rating? – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If the Jaguar XF has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
Insurance losses for a Jaguar XF – Insurers factor in historical loss data when they calculate premium costs for each model. Models that are shown to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have increased rates.
The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Jaguar XF vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together equals 100. Values under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage values above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Jaguar XF Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jaguar XF 4dr 2WD 169 101 191 98 Jaguar XF 4dr 4WD 206 83 152BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance is unique, just like you
When quoting and comparing your policy for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions may help highlight if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Sacramento auto insurance agent
Some people would rather go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to companies in Sacramento that can give you free Sacramento auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good insurance company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Sacramento should be willing to answer these questions.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in California?
When researching a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. They are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Sacramento that are able to give price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Wayne Wong
2015 Q St – Sacramento, CA 95811 – (916) 760-7858 – View Map
- Yeh Ferguson – State Farm Insurance Agent
7273 14th Ave Ste 100 – Sacramento, CA 95820 – (916) 455-5000 – View Map
- Sherman Chan – State Farm Insurance Agent
1355 Florin Rd Ste 1 – Sacramento, CA 95822 – (916) 422-1550 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you should always get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to different regional companies which can save you money.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Sacramento that can give you price quotes.
- Eugene C. Yates Insurance Agency
2021 P St – Sacramento, CA 95811 – (916) 313-6100 – View Map
- Apna Insurance Agency
3022 Stockton Blvd #5 – Sacramento, CA 95820 – (916) 454-4495 – View Map
- Melissa Saites Nelson Insurance Agency, Inc.
4749 J St – Sacramento, CA 95819 – (916) 531-6061 – View Map
Upon getting acceptable answers to any questions you have and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that is reputable and can properly service your insurance policy.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in California
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Jaguar, almost all lenders will require that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Jaguar at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
We just presented some good ideas how to reduce Jaguar XF insurance prices online in Sacramento. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Budget-conscious Jaguar XF insurance can be found on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer price quotes online and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price.
Much more information about insurance in California is located at these links:
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much are Sacramento Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)