It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will probably switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding better rates. A recent survey discovered that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved approximately $850 each year compared to people who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest price on Kia Forte insurance is your target objective, understanding the best way to shop and compare insurance rates can help you be more efficient.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers in Sacramento. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to understand auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as traffic citations and a poor credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies. Click to view companies
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Forte coverage is available. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new agent or company. Once received, put the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A key point to remember is to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from every company you can. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Sacramento can be much easier if you know how to start. If you are insured now, you will surely be able to save money using this information. But California car owners must understand how companies sell insurance online and use it to find better rates.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance rates for Kia Forte insurance in Sacramento is to know the trick all the major auto insurance companies provide online access to give free rates quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them some information like your occupation, an estimate of your credit level, whether you are single or married, and the ages of drivers. Your details gets transmitted to many of the top insurers and you will get price comparisons instantly.
To check rates for your car now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Sacramento, CA. To buy the best cheap car insurance in California, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper rates on Kia Forte insurance in Sacramento with these insurance discounts
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but a few need to be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a new policy early. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Memberships – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better prices.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on Forte insurance in Sacramento.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your insurance provider.
- Telematics Data – Insureds who allow their company to monitor driving habits remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Kia could be rewarded with slightly better insurance rates than normal.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a defensive driver course is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The example below compares Kia Forte insurance costs with and without discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
To choose insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Sacramento, click this link.
Car insurance statistics for a Kia Forte
The data table shown below outlines different insurance rates for Kia Forte models. Learning a little about how insurance policy rates are figured is important to be able to make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Forte LX 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,108||$92|
|Forte EX 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,108||$92|
|Forte SX 4-Dr Sedan||$238||$362||$442||$26||$132||$1,200||$100|
|Forte EX 2-Dr Coupe||$238||$426||$500||$30||$150||$1,344||$112|
|Forte SX 2-Dr Coupe||$238||$426||$500||$30||$150||$1,344||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can affect price quotes noticeably.
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Kia Forte insurance costs for different age groups. The data is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The chart below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims can raise Kia Forte insurance premiums for different age categories. The premiums assume a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Do you need full coverage?
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Kia Forte insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The price estimates are based on no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive formula for excluding physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Kia Forte replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Buy Kia Forte Insurance Cheaper
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
- Higher prices for stressful employers – Occupations such as doctors, architects, and medical professionals are shown to have higher premium rates in part from intense work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, occupations such as scientists, students and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Some companies afford discounts to clients who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to compare Kia Forte rates in Sacramento to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- A car insurance lapse can increase premiums – Driving with no insurance can get you a ticket and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
High premiums for younger drivers – Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be less responsible when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a teenage driver onto a policy will cause a huge premium hike. Older people are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations.
The following data uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Vehicle risk impacts costs – The performance level of the car you drive makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The most favorable rates are usually for lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The chart below uses these variables: single male driver age 40, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Kia Forte rates compared to other vehicles that have different risk factors.
- Big cities have higher costs – Being located in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers in populated California areas have more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. More time on the road statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Insurance loss data for Kia Forte vehicles – Car insurance companies use statistical claims data to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Models that the data determines to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher premium rates. The data below shows the historical insurance loss data for Kia Forte vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Kia Forte Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Forte 114 117 103 176 183 144 Kia Forte 114 98 147 Kia Forte 102 102 86BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance agents near you
Many people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you may find cheaper rates but also keep your business local.
By using this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can provide free Sacramento car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Sacramento should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How long has their agency been open in Sacramento?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you would like to find a local Sacramento insurance agent, there are two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agents in Sacramento can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are highly trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people use the same agent mainly due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Sacramento who can help you get price quote information.
- Sherman Chan – State Farm Insurance Agent
1355 Florin Rd Ste 1 – Sacramento, CA 95822 – (916) 422-1550 – View Map
- Tim Kwong – State Farm Insurance Agent
1035 Jefferson Blvd #5 – West Sacramento, CA 95691 – (916) 371-4730 – View Map
- Sig Lindley – State Farm Insurance Agent
8110 Pocket Rd #201 – Sacramento, CA 95831 – (916) 428-7370 – View Map
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you get several quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many independent agencies also insure through small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
Shown below are Sacramento independent insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Welcome Financial Inc
1102 Jefferson Blvd c – West Sacramento, CA 95691 – (916) 231-3558 – View Map
- Skyles Insurance Agency
9840 Business Park Dr – Sacramento, CA 95827 – (888) 900-9989 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Greg Comia Insurance Agency Inc
7500 Elsie Ave Ste 106 – Sacramento, CA 95828 – (916) 682-6053 – View Map
When to get professional advice
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- What is glass protection for?
- Will my Kia Forte be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
Best car insurance in Sacramento
Buying coverage from the highest-rated car insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are in Sacramento. The rank data displayed below could help you select which car insurance companies you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Quote often and quote early
Budget-friendly insurance in Sacramento is possible from both online companies in addition to many Sacramento insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer online rate quotes and these smaller providers sell through local independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- How Much is Sacramento Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Females in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)