When looking for cheaper insurance, do you get confused by the wide range of insurance sources that you can choose from? Many other drivers are too. There are so many sources to choose from that it can turn into a chore to find the perfect company for you. Sacramento is the perfect city to reside in, but expensive insurance can make it nearly impossible for many drivers to buy proper levels of coverage.
Steps to finding more affordable Kia Sportage insurance in Sacramento
If you want to save money, the best way to save money on Kia Sportage insurance is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Sacramento.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how companies set rates and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause rate increases such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a substandard credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides additional tips to get low prices and find hidden discounts.
Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies. View rates
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Sportage coverage is available in Sacramento. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s astonishing, but the vast majority of California insurance customers have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. U.S. consumers can cut their rates by about 46.5% a year just by shopping around, but they just don’t want to shop around.
You should take the time to shop coverage around every six months since rates change regularly. Even if you think you had the best premium rates on Kia Sportage insurance in Sacramento six months ago there may be better deals available now. There are a lot of ways to save on Sportage insurance out there, but in a few minutes you can learn the easiest ways to buy insurance cheaper in Sacramento.
If you currently have insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using this strategy. This article will help educate you on the best ways to compare prices and how you can save the most money. Nevertheless, California vehicle owners must understand the way insurance companies determine how much to charge.
Best Kia Sportage insurance rate quotes in California
The providers in the list below offer comparison quotes in California. If you wish to find the best car insurance in CA, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Statistics and details
The rate table displayed below highlights different insurance policy prices for Kia Sportage models. Understanding more about how insurance policy rates are formulated is important for making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$186||$316||$416||$24||$124||$1,066||$89|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$186||$316||$416||$24||$124||$1,066||$89|
|Sportage EX 2WD 4-Dr||$214||$386||$416||$24||$124||$1,164||$97|
|Sportage LX 4WD 4-Dr||$214||$386||$416||$24||$124||$1,164||$97|
|Sportage EX 4WD 4-Dr||$214||$386||$416||$24||$124||$1,164||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in zip code location which can affect premium rates greatly.
The diagram below illustrates how your deductible choice and can raise or lower Kia Sportage insurance costs for different age categories. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Kia Sportage insurance in Sacramento
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be available discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before they will apply.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting coverage on a new Sportage can cost up to 25% less because newer models are generally safer.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies give discounts for switching to them before your current Sportage insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Club Memberships – Joining certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a course in defensive driver can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Kia Sportage auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The data assumes a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, driver’s education, student away at school, defensive driving training, multiple autos, good student, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers may include discounts for hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-car, home ownership, save driver, multi-policy, payment discounts, and continuous insurance.
- American Family has discounts for Steer into Savings, good driver, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, air bags, defensive driver, and early bird.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for newly married, new move discount, good student, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, and exclusive group savings.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not apply everywhere. To find insurers that offer many of these discounts in California, click here to view.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When quoting and comparing your policy for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions might point out whether you could use an agent’s help.
- When can I cancel my policy?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What if I total my Kia Sportage and owe more than it’s worth?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Local Sacramento insurance agents and auto insurance
A lot of people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower prices and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Sacramento.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Sacramento who want to provide quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, just visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Two types of Sacramento car insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a good insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Sacramento can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Sacramento who can help you get free rate quotes.
- Castro Property and Commercial Insurance
155 15th St c – West Sacramento, CA 95691 – (916) 482-9600 – View Map
- Melissa Saites Nelson Insurance Agency, Inc.
4749 J St – Sacramento, CA 95819 – (916) 531-6061 – View Map
- Foster and Parker Insurance Agency
2020 Hurley Way – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 481-0689 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to use the same agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below are Sacramento exclusive agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Bill Batchelder – State Farm Insurance Agent
8887 Folsom Blvd #3a – Sacramento, CA 95826 – (916) 361-3114 – View Map
- Lori McCarter Curry – State Farm Insurance Agent
451 Park Fair Dr #2 – Sacramento, CA 95864 – (916) 487-5151 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: John Chandler
900 Jefferson Blvd #110 – West Sacramento, CA 95691 – (916) 374-1600 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency should include more criteria than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are they full-time agents?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
Upon receiving good feedback to these questions as well as a affordable price, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Cover all your bases
As you quote Sacramento auto insurance, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Budget-conscious Kia Sportage insurance is definitely available from both online companies and with local Sacramento insurance agents, so you need to shop Sacramento auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not have online price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can lower your Kia Sportage insurance rates in Sacramento. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Steps to finding cheaper Kia Sportage insurance in Sacramento
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to save on car insurance rates in Sacramento is to annually compare prices from different companies that sell auto insurance in California.
- First, learn about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as distracted driving and a lousy credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies. View a list of agents
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the newly selected company. Once received, place your new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Sacramento Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Journey in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Sacramento, CA? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)