Having to pay for expensive Mercury Mariner insurance in Sacramento can take a big chunk out of your savings account and force you to make sacrifices. Performing a rate comparison is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to lower your bills every month.
Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy will presumably switch companies because they have good chances of finding discount prices. A recent study showed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved approximately $865 a year compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding discount rates on Mercury Mariner insurance in Sacramento is your goal, then having a grasp of the best way to compare insurance premiums can make the process less intimidating.
With so many companies and agents to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to find the most cost effective insurance company.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes as often as possible due to the fact that insurance prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Mercury Mariner insurance in Sacramento last year you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to learn the things you must know in order to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
These tips will tell you how to get online quotes and how you can save the most money. If you already have coverage, you will most likely be able to reduce premiums using the techniques covered below. But California consumers do need to know the methods companies use to determine how much to charge and use it to your advantage.
Companies offering Mercury Mariner insurance in California
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Sacramento, CA. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in California, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Mercury Mariner coverage statistics
The premium table below highlights a range of policy rates for Mercury Mariner models. Learning a little about how insurance policy premiums are calculated helps drivers make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Mariner Premier 2WD||$328||$650||$488||$28||$146||$1,640||$137|
|Mariner Hybrid 2WD||$328||$766||$574||$34||$172||$1,874||$156|
|Mariner Premier AWD||$370||$650||$488||$28||$146||$1,682||$140|
|Mariner Hybrid AWD||$370||$766||$574||$34||$172||$1,916||$160|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can modify insurance rates greatly.
Men versus women drivers and insurance cost
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Mercury Mariner car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The diagram below compares Mercury Mariner insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in California. The rate quotes are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There is no set rule of when to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Mercury Mariner claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing you more than $800 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should maintain full coverage.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Mercury Mariner insurance in Sacramento
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may be missing some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for multiple cars on the same auto insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn cheaper rates.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Online Discount – Some insurance companies provide a small discount get Sacramento car insurance on their website.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The diagram below shows the difference between Mercury Mariner insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, and federal employee.
- Travelers discounts include new car, save driver, multi-car, multi-policy, IntelliDrive, payment discounts, and home ownership.
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-vehicle, safe driver, 55 and retired, multi-policy, youthful driver, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including multi-car, hybrid vehicle, new move discount, preferred payment discount, and newly married.
- American Family may offer discounts for good driver, mySafetyValet, air bags, good student, TimeAway discount, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
If you need lower rates, check with every company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in Sacramento.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by companies to determine rates.
More performance means higher rates – The performance level of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your rates. The cheapest insurance rates will generally be found on low performance passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The data below uses these variables: married female driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Mercury Mariner insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have different performance risks.
Poor driving habits means higher premiums – Having a clean driving record influences premium rates substantially. Only having one ticket can increase rates substantially. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have gotten dangerous violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to file a SR-22 with their state in order to continue driving.
The chart below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders impact Mercury Mariner annual premium costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
With age comes responsibility – Inexperience drivers have been known to be more careless when driving therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. If you’ve ever had to add a youthful driver to your auto insurance policy can be very expensive. Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
The following chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Single drivers may have higher rates – Being married can actually save you money on your policy. Having a significant other usually means you are more financially stable and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims and thus lower rates. If the Mercury Mariner is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
Will just any policy work for me?
When choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Sacramento?
- Should I buy only the required California minimum liability coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
You may need help from a local insurance agent
Many drivers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find better rates and also buy local. Buying from local agencies is important particularly in Sacramento.
Once you complete this quick form, the quote information gets sent to agents in your area that provide free Sacramento car insurance quotes for your business. You won’t need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to you. You’ll get the best rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Two types of auto insurance agents
When researching a good Sacramento insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Sacramento agents are classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Sacramento that can give you free price quotes.
Bates Insurance Agency | Auto Insurance and Homeowners Insurance and Car Insurance
2306 J St – Sacramento, CA 95816 – (916) 251-3548 – View Map
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Sacramento willing to provide price quotes.
Sherman Chan – State Farm Insurance Agent
1355 Florin Rd Ste 1 – Sacramento, CA 95822 – (916) 422-1550 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency should include more criteria than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to find cheap Mercury Mariner insurance in Sacramento. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Mercury Mariner rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
How to find affordable Mercury Mariner insurance in Sacramento
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get more affordable Mercury Mariner insurance in Sacramento is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in California.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that increase rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit history can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new policy. Make sure you safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze every insurance company. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Much more information about insurance in California is located at these links:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)