It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who compare other prices are likely to switch auto insurance companies because they stand a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved an average of $850 each year compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding budget-friendly rates on car insurance in Sacramento is why you’re reading this, then knowing the best ways to find and compare auto insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
The easiest way to get discount Nissan Sentra insurance is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Sacramento.
- First, gain an understanding of policy coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many risk factors that cause high rates like multiple speeding tickets and poor credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View companies
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Sentra coverage is available. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new agent or company. As soon as you have the new policy, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Sacramento is quite easy. If you’re already insured or need new coverage, use these techniques to get lower rates without sacrificing coverage. Drivers just have to learn the most efficient way to quote multiple rates online.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Sacramento, CA. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in CA, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Nissan in Sacramento, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Nissan Sentra has a lienholder, most banks will require you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $869 every year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Rate information and statistics
The coverage table below showcases estimates of coverage prices for Nissan Sentra models. Being aware of how auto insurance prices are determined can assist in making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$232||$576||$424||$26||$126||$1,384||$115|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$232||$576||$424||$26||$126||$1,384||$115|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$266||$576||$424||$26||$126||$1,418||$118|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$266||$664||$424||$26||$126||$1,506||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase premium rates noticeably.
Careless Sacramento drivers pay higher rates
The information below illustrates how violations and fender-benders can affect Nissan Sentra yearly insurance costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Gender differences in insurance premiums
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Nissan Sentra annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The chart below compares Nissan Sentra insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no definitive guideline for excluding physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Nissan Sentra replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $2,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Get cheaper Nissan Sentra insurance in Sacramento with discounts
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there may be some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but less common discounts must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies will give you a small discount for completing your application on their website.
- Good Student – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower price if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- 55 and Retired – Seniors can get a small discount on rates.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Sentra insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The information is based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- GEICO may include discounts for emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, defensive driver, and seat belt use.
- MetLife has savings for multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, accident-free, and good student.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
- Travelers may offer discounts for multi-policy, continuous insurance, hybrid/electric vehicle, IntelliDrive, driver training, and student away at school.
- SAFECO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, safe driver, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, and homeowner.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-car, and pay-in-full.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be available in your area.
Insurance can get complicated
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- What happens if I owe more than my Nissan Sentra is worth?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.