Would you prefer to buy more affordable Nissan Xterra insurance in Sacramento? Finding more affordable premium rates on Nissan Xterra insurance in Sacramento may be frustrating for people not familiar with shopping for insurance online. People have so many companies to choose from that it can be a difficult situation to find a cheaper company.
How to find low-cost Nissan Xterra insurance in Sacramento
The easiest way to get cheaper Nissan Xterra insurance in Sacramento is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers in California. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Read about coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as traffic citations and a not-so-good credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives more information to get lower rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources. Start a quote
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Xterra insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your existing policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
One thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Amazingly, most California car insurance customers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could cut their rates by up to 46.5% a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Consumers should take time to do price comparisons as often as possible because prices are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the lowest rates on Nissan Xterra insurance in Sacramento a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about Xterra insurance online but we’re going to give you some solid techniques on how to lower your car insurance rates in Sacramento.
Best companies for Nissan Xterra insurance
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Sacramento, CA. In order to find cheaper auto insurance in Sacramento, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and other information
The information displayed below outlines a range of insurance premium costs for Nissan Xterra models. Having a better idea how car insurance prices are calculated is important for drivers to make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Xterra X 2WD||$242||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,140||$95|
|Xterra S 2WD||$242||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,140||$95|
|Xterra S 4WD||$242||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,140||$95|
|Xterra X 4WD||$242||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,140||$95|
|Xterra Off Road 4WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|Xterra SE 2WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|Xterra SE 4WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in garaging location in Sacramento which can influence premiums greatly.
The Nissan Xterra Insurance Price Equation
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find lower rates. Lots of factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes some of the factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
Do you need those extra policy coverages? – There are a lot of additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying auto insurance. Coverages like coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when discussing your needs, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
A good credit rating can save money – Credit score is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Nissan Xterra if you clean up your credit.
Prices are affected by your address – Being located in less populated areas can be a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People who live in big cities regularly have traffic congestion and longer commute times. More time behind the wheel can result in more accidents.
Vehicle risk impacts costs – The make and model of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. Small economy passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but your final cost has many other factors.
The data below is based on a single male driver age 30, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Nissan Xterra insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have different performances.
Consolidate and save – Lots of auto insurance companies will award discounts to insureds that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a chance you can save even more by insuring with multiple companies.
Low physical damage deductibles can be expensive – Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, or theft of your vehicle. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
Reduce auto insurance rates by driving safer vehicles – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid and thus lower rates. If the Nissan Xterra scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
Nissan Xterra insurance claim data – Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher cost to insure. The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Nissan Xterra vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
|Specific Nissan Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Xterra 4dr 2WD||57||95||45|
|Nissan Xterra 4dr 4WD||62||100||63||59||77||86|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper rates with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Sacramento auto insurance with some car insurance companies.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your bill.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow their car insurance company to spy on driving habits remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Xterra car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include good student, pay in full, bundle discounts, business and professional, homeowner, and electronic funds transfer.
- Esurance may have discounts that include good student, paid-in-full, renters, Switch & Save, and good driver.
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, multiple autos, student away at school, good student, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, air bags, and five-year accident-free.
- Allstate includes discounts for early signing, economy car, new car, senior citizen, 55 and retired, auto/life discount, and resident student.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not apply in your state.
Insurance agencies can find coverage gaps
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information is sent to companies in Sacramento who will give competitive quotes for your business. You never need to do any legwork because prices are sent directly to your email. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Sacramento?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Sacramento can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people use the same agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Sacramento who may provide you with price quotes.
- Ron Andre – State Farm Insurance Agent
394 Florin Rd – Sacramento, CA 95831 – (916) 428-2918 – View Map
- Brian Clark – State Farm Insurance Agent
2331 El Camino Ave – Sacramento, CA 95821 – (916) 488-2212 – View Map
- Barbara Etrick – State Farm Insurance Agent
6332 Florin Rd – Sacramento, CA 95823 – (916) 822-5110 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies do not sell for just one brand so they can write business with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you need lower rates, you should always include a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with smaller companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Sacramento that can give you rate quotes.
- McGee and Thielen Insurance Brokers
3840 Rosin Ct #245 – Sacramento, CA 95834 – (800) 901-9636 – View Map
- Thrive Insurance Agency
1353 Fulton Ave – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 339-6490 – View Map
- Schmoekel Insurance Inc
7558 Stockton Blvd – Sacramento, CA 95823 – (916) 753-1480 – View Map
Which is the best insurance?
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Nissan Xterra?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
How much can you save?
You just learned many ideas to reduce Nissan Xterra insurance premium rates online in Sacramento. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, delays in paying claims, policy cancellation or even high prices. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company can be easier than you think.
Cost effective Nissan Xterra insurance can be bought both online in addition to many Sacramento insurance agents, so you need to quote Sacramento auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Nissan Xterra insurance in Sacramento
The recommended way to get cheaper Nissan Xterra insurance in Sacramento is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers in California. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, take a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The key thing to remember is to try to use the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Additional detailed information can be found at these sites:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Retired Military in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Good Credit in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)