It’s shocking but most drivers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and almost half have never compared rates from other carriers. California consumers could save approximately 35% a year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate the rate savings if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find discount Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Sacramento is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who sell insurance in California.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about coverages and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new company or agent. When you receive it, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and to quote with all possible companies. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Sacramento can be made easier if you know where to look. Practically every car owner who needs lower cost insurance stands a good chance to find a cheaper policy. But California consumers benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies market on the web.
Learn How to Get Auto Insurance at a Discount
Many factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or how safe your car is.
Do you know your physical damage deductibles? – Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Toyota from damage. A few examples of covered claims would be a broken windshield, hail damage, and having your car stolen. Your deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
Lower auto insurance rates with alarms and GPS tracking – Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent auto theft.
Pay more if you have a long commute – Choosing to live in less populated areas is a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Residents of big cities regularly have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
Teenagers vs. older drivers – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations. Teenage drivers have a tendency to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car so auto insurance rates are higher.
Liability protection claims can be big – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will provide protection in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. It will provide for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
Don’t buy extra coverages that may not be needed – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your auto insurance policy. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Sacramento
Auto insurance companies do not list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your next car insurance statement.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies give discounts for signing up before your current Prius Prime insurance policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Sacramento auto insurance with certain companies.
- Anti-theft System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive get Sacramento auto insurance on the web.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance carriers have a discounted price on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
To find providers with discount car insurance rates in California, click here.
Which car insurance company is best in Sacramento?
Picking the best auto insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Sacramento. The ranking data displayed below can help you decide which car insurance providers to look at when comparing rates.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
More effort can pay off
Affordable Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Sacramento is possible from both online companies and with local Sacramento insurance agents, so you need to shop Sacramento auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
We just presented a lot of information how to compare Toyota Prius Prime insurance auto insurance rates in Sacramento. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium or even unfair underwriting practices. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Optima in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)