Inconceivable but true, 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in California could pocket approximately $500 a year by just comparing quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rates.
The most effective way to find cheaper Volvo XC60 insurance is to regularly compare quotes from companies in Sacramento.
- Try to understand how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like your driving record and an imperfect credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for tips to keep prices down and find overlooked discounts.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Start a quote
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to remember is to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to get prices from all possible companies. This provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Do you qualify for discounts on Volvo XC60 insurance in Sacramento?
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Sign Online – A few auto insurance companies give back up to $50 for signing up on the internet.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car model can get you a discount since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
- College Student – Children who live away from home at college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies early. This can save 10% or more.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Volvo XC60 annual premium costs with and without discounts. The premiums are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including distant student, business and professional, early shopping, good student, and youthful driver.
- Esurance offers discounts for claim free, anti-lock brakes, safety device, good driver, and defensive driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple policy, safe vehicle, driver’s education, good driver, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO includes discounts for air bags, good student, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, and seat belt use.
- Allstate may offer discounts for teenSMART discount, eSmart discount, economy car, anti-theft, and premier discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which discounts they offer. Savings may not be available everywhere. To locate providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Sacramento, click here to view.
How to compare free Sacramento Volvo XC60 insurance quotes
All major car insurance companies allow you to get coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Comparing prices online for Volvo XC60 insurance in Sacramento doesn’t take a lot of time as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire into the form. Once entered, their rating system will obtain your driving record and credit report and provides a quote.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the best possible rates on car insurance.
To compare rates now, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This guarantees you are getting rate quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Sacramento, CA. If you want to find the best cheap car insurance in California, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Volvo XC60 detailed coverage information
The table shown next covers detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Volvo XC60 models. Having a better idea how insurance premiums are established helps drivers make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC60 3.2 2WD||$204||$354||$384||$22||$114||$1,078||$90|
|XC60 3.2 AWD||$230||$354||$384||$22||$114||$1,104||$92|
|XC60 T6 AWD AWD||$230||$418||$384||$22||$114||$1,168||$97|
|XC60 T6-R AWD AWD||$258||$418||$384||$22||$114||$1,196||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can revise insurance rates noticeably.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Volvo XC60?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Local Sacramento insurance agencies and auto insurance
Some consumers would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Sacramento who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent instantly to you. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurer is decision based upon more than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Where are claims handled?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
The difference between Sacramento car insurance agents
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance policy providers are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference between them because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Sacramento who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Yeh Ferguson – State Farm Insurance Agent
7273 14th Ave Ste 100 – Sacramento, CA 95820 – (916) 455-5000 – View Map
- Tim Kwong – State Farm Insurance Agent
1035 Jefferson Blvd #5 – West Sacramento, CA 95691 – (916) 371-4730 – View Map
- GEICO: Vincent Harris
5211 Madison Ave – Sacramento, CA 95841 – (916) 923-5050 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not limited to a single company so they can quote policies with many different companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, you need to contact independent agents for maximum quote selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies which may have better rates.
The following is a list of independent agents in Sacramento that are able to give price quote information.
- Melissa Saites Nelson Insurance Agency, Inc.
4749 J St – Sacramento, CA 95819 – (916) 531-6061 – View Map
- Pan American Underwriters
1610 Arden Way # 121 – Sacramento, CA 95815 – (916) 286-5960 – View Map
- Skyles Insurance Agency
9840 Business Park Dr – Sacramento, CA 95827 – (888) 900-9989 – View Map
Quote. Compare. Save.
When you buy Sacramento car insurance online, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can compare Volvo XC60 insurance auto insurance rates in Sacramento. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Some car insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies. Lower-priced Volvo XC60 insurance in Sacramento can be purchased from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Sacramento Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)