Want cheaper Dodge Caliber insurance in Sacramento? Tired of sacrificing other expenses to pay high car insurance rates every month? You’re in the same situation as most other people in California.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Insureds who get price quotes annually will probably switch companies because of the high probability of getting low-cost coverage. A recent study showed that people who compared rates once a year saved over $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price on auto insurance in Sacramento is your ultimate goal, then knowing how to get rate quotes and compare insurance rates can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
With people having so many companies and agents to choose from, it can be difficult for drivers to locate the lowest cost company.
It’s a great practice to compare rates yearly because car insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the best deal on Dodge Caliber insurance in Sacramento two years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to learn one of the best ways to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Choosing the best rates in Sacramento is not that difficult. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to save money using these tips. But California consumers need to have an understanding of the way insurance companies market insurance on the web and use it to find better rates.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing more rates from different companies helps increase your odds of locating a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The car insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in California. If you want to find cheap car insurance in CA, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your Caliber
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Sacramento, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dodge Caliber has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge for a lot more money and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects your Dodge Caliber and your assets. It will also pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in California overpays as much as $700 annually so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to save money.
Dodge Caliber insurance charts and tables
The coverage table displayed below outlines different coverage costs for Dodge Caliber models. Having a better idea how insurance rates are established can help drivers make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence insurance rates significantly.
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Dodge Caliber yearly insurance costs for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The diagram below compares Dodge Caliber insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data is based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage
The example below compares Dodge Caliber auto insurance costs with and without full coverage. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no specific rule that works best for making the decision to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Caliber claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Get cheaper Dodge Caliber insurance rates in Sacramento
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Sacramento car insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- E-sign Discounts – Some auto insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with better auto insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give a lower auto insurance rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable driving data submission to analyze when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The illustration below compares Dodge Caliber car insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The premiums assume a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To see insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Sacramento, click here to view.
Local Sacramento insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to have an agent’s advice. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Sacramento that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on a company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Does their agency support local causes in Sacramento?
- How long has their agency been in business in Sacramento?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
When researching a local Sacramento insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies that you can select. Auto insurance agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Sacramento who can help you get comparison quotes.
Travis Beyer – State Farm Insurance Agent
2455 Jefferson Blvd #115 – West Sacramento, CA 95691 – (916) 375-0144 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
Shown below are Sacramento independent insurance agents that can give you rate quotes.
Ancal Insurance Agency
2641 Cottage Way #2 – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 485-5410 – View Map
Indus Insurance Agency Incorporated
6968 65th St – Sacramento, CA 95823 – (916) 391-3000 – View Map
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in California?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Does my Dodge Caliber qualify for pleasure use?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
In the end, you can save money
A few companies may not provide rates over the internet and usually these small insurance companies sell through local independent agencies. The cheapest Dodge Caliber insurance in Sacramento can be bought both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to compare Dodge Caliber insurance car insurance rates in Sacramento. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
How to find cheaper quotes for Dodge Caliber insurance in Sacramento
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find better pricing on Dodge Caliber insurance in Sacramento is to do an annual price comparison from providers who provide car insurance in California. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read about how insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Caliber coverage is available. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
To read more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Sacramento Car Insurance Rates for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)