The best way we recommend to get affordable auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from insurers in Sacramento. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Learn about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Challenger coverage is available in Sacramento. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, safely store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The critical component of shopping around is to use identical coverage information on each quote and to quote with every company you can. This enables a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
Statistics show that nearly 70% of customers have been with the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save $850 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they just switched companies.
Locating the best rates in Sacramento is really not that difficult. If you’re already insured, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using this information. But California drivers can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies determine premium rates and apply this information to your search.
Dodge Challenger Insurance Cost Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you better auto insurance rates.
- Your employer is a factor – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupational choices like judges, business owners, and accountants tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder due to high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, careers such as actors, engineers and the unemployed get better rates.
Performance impacts insurance costs – The type of car or truck you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Economy passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but your final cost has many other factors.
The following chart uses these variables: single male driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Dodge Challenger insurance rates compared to other models that have different performance risks.
- Urban residents pay more – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices when it comes to auto insurance. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims. Drivers who live in large California cities have to deal with more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. More time commuting means more chance of being in an accident.
- Avoid coverage lapses – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a guaranteed way to increase your rates. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time.
Premiums are lower the older you get – Teenage drivers in California have a tendency to be inattentive when driving so auto insurance rates are higher. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
The following data uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Limits of liability – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Most of the larger companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive give prices from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Dodge Challenger insurance in Sacramento doesn’t take a lot of time because you just enter your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, their rating system obtains your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote. Being able to quote online for Dodge Challenger insurance in Sacramento helps simplify price comparisons, and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get cheap rates.
In order to compare rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you duplicate deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you will have a fair comparison for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Sacramento, CA. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in California, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Dodge Challenger insurance rates and statistics
The table displayed next outlines estimates of coverage prices for Dodge Challenger models. Having a better understanding of how policy rates are figured is important for drivers to make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can modify premiums noticeably.
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Dodge Challenger premium costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Dodge Challenger insurance costs by age and gender
The illustration below shows the difference between Dodge Challenger premium costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Does full coverage make sense?
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Challenger car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no set rule to stop paying for physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Challenger settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $400 a year to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Why you need Challenger insurance in California
Even though Sacramento Challenger insurance rates can get expensive, auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in California is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts will apply when you get a quote, but some must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Student in College – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Sacramento and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Challenger insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies that may offer most of the discounts above include:
If you need the cheapest Dodge Challenger rate quotes, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To see insurance companies who offer free Dodge Challenger insurance quotes in California, click here.
Compare rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Sacramento auto insurance agent
Many drivers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to companies in Sacramento who want to provide quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you wish to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is the agent properly licensed in California?
- Is there a local claims center in Sacramento?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Sacramento?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of agencies from which to choose. Auto insurance agencies can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Sacramento that can give you rate quotes.
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Sacramento willing to provide comparison quotes.
Ancal Insurance Agency
2641 Cottage Way #2 – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 485-5410 – View Map
Leland Insurance Agency
910 Florin Rd # 108 – Sacramento, CA 95831 – (916) 428-1309 – View Map
Different people need different insurance coverages
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Does my Dodge Challenger need full coverage?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
You can find cheaper coverage
There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies. Lower-priced Dodge Challenger insurance in Sacramento is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Sacramento agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, poor customer service, policy cancellation and high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is easier than you think.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to shop for Dodge Challenger insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small local company.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Optima in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)