The best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Sacramento is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies in California.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a low credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for ideas to prevent rate hikes and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies. Start a quote
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Sacramento. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest rate will presumably switch car insurance companies because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey found that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved approximately $860 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest price on Fiat 500 insurance in Sacramento is your ultimate objective, then learning about how to quote and compare insurance coverage can make the process less intimidating.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Sacramento
Many factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Liability risk factors – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in if ever a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Teenage vs. experienced drivers – Teenage drivers in California are known to be more careless with other occupants in the car so insurance rates are higher. More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Males are more aggressive – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn’t prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both genders have auto accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving.
- More people means more accidents – Choosing to live in less populated areas may provide you with better prices when buying insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers regularly have more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
- Being married is a bonus – Having a spouse actually saves money on insurance. Marriage may mean you are more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Fiat 500 claim data – Car insurance companies factor in historical loss data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that are shown to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more to insure. The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Fiat 500 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Fiat 500 Vehicles Specific Fiat Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Fiat 500 72 76 66 96 89 84 Fiat 500 Convertible 76 79 60 85 Fiat 500 Electric 73 59 76 60 Fiat 500L 112 80 102 128 93 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discount Sacramento insurance rates
Insurance is expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Senior Discount – Seniors are able to get better insurance rates.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
If you would like to view providers offering insurance discounts in California, follow this link.
Cheap auto insurance is out there
People change insurance companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service or questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
We just showed you many ideas to save on Fiat 500 insurance in Sacramento. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
When you buy Sacramento auto insurance online, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Much more information about auto insurance in California can be read on the following sites:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)