Do you need a better way to compare low-cost car insurance rates in Sacramento, CA? Sacramento buyers have lots of choices when searching for the best price on Audi A4 insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to get rate quotes. There is a better way to shop for car insurance so we’re going to tell you the best way to price shop coverage for a Audi and locate the lowest possible price from Sacramento insurance agents and online providers.
If you have a current car insurance policy or need new coverage, use these techniques to find better prices without reducing protection. These techniques will teach you a little about how to get online quotes and also pocket some savings Shoppers just need to learn the most efficient way to compare rate quotes on the web.
Get cheaper Audi A4 insurance in Sacramento with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t list every possible discount very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on the web.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Sacramento auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better rates.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The information below illustrates the difference between Audi A4 annual premium costs with and without discounts. The data is based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting free Sacramento auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Sacramento. To find auto insurance companies who offer cheap Audi A4 insurance quotes in California, click here.
Getting low cost insurance pricing is not a difficult process. Consumers just need to invest a little time getting comparison quotes to find the company with cheaper Sacramento auto insurance quotes.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in California. To get cheap auto insurance in CA, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Data for Audi A4 insurance
The table displayed next showcases different insurance coverage prices for Audi A4 models. Having insight into how insurance prices are determined can help you make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$416||$912||$450||$26||$134||$1,938||$162|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$416||$792||$450||$26||$134||$1,818||$152|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$416||$792||$450||$26||$134||$1,818||$152|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$416||$912||$450||$26||$134||$1,938||$162|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$464||$912||$450||$26||$134||$1,986||$166|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$464||$912||$450||$26||$134||$1,986||$166|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$464||$912||$450||$26||$134||$1,986||$166|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$464||$912||$450||$26||$134||$1,986||$166|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$464||$912||$450||$26||$134||$1,986||$166|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$464||$912||$450||$26||$134||$1,986||$166|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase price quotes greatly.
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can increase or decrease Audi A4 insurance rates for different age categories. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Yearly auto insurance costs for men versus women
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Audi A4 auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Audi A4 insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The price estimates are based on no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no clear-cut formula to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Audi A4 replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $200 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Compare rates but work with a neighborhood Sacramento auto insurance agent
A small number of people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find lower prices and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Sacramento who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Sacramento?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
When researching a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they function. Insurance agencies in Sacramento can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are Sacramento exclusive insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: John Chandler
900 Jefferson Blvd #110 – West Sacramento, CA 95691 – (916) 374-1600 – View Map
- Sig Lindley – State Farm Insurance Agent
8110 Pocket Rd #201 – Sacramento, CA 95831 – (916) 428-7370 – View Map
- Tim Kwong – State Farm Insurance Agent
1035 Jefferson Blvd #5 – West Sacramento, CA 95691 – (916) 371-4730 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Sacramento that can give you comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Greg Comia Insurance Agency Inc
7500 Elsie Ave Ste 106 – Sacramento, CA 95828 – (916) 682-6053 – View Map
- Melissa Saites Nelson Insurance Agency, Inc.
4749 J St – Sacramento, CA 95819 – (916) 531-6061 – View Map
- Styrsky Insurance Agency
706 56th St – Sacramento, CA 95819 – (916) 361-8114 – View Map
Auto insurance in California serves several purposes
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your A4 has a loan, most banks will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Audi for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your Audi and your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in California is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive car insurance
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from flooding, hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane and theft. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
This protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 15/30/5 that translate to a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like bail bonds, court costs and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be adequate.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Audi A4.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as EMT expenses, X-ray expenses, surgery and funeral costs. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your A4 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Quote. Compare. Save.
You just learned some good ideas how to shop for Audi A4 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers may even find the best auto insurance rates are with the least-expected company.
Budget-conscious Audi A4 insurance can be found from both online companies and with local Sacramento insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund and even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, switching car insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
How to find discount Audi A4 insurance in Sacramento
Really, the only way to find discount auto insurance rates in Sacramento is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers in California.
- Learn about how your policy works and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many things that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and a low credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Get quotes now
- Compare the quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read in these articles:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Car Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)