Regrettably, a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. With the average premium in California being $1,387, drivers can cut their rates by $469 a year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they replace their high priced policy.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Sacramento is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies who provide auto insurance in California. This can be done by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend car insurance and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as traffic citations and an unacceptable credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for tips to prevent expensive rate increases and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. View insurance agents
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Sacramento. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One piece of advice is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Just remember that comparing a large number of companies increases your odds of finding the best rates.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in California. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in CA, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
When to get advice from an insurance agency
Many drivers prefer to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Sacramento.
After filling out this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Sacramento who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to find a local Sacramento insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies that you can select. Sacramento agents are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you check rates from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Sacramento that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- Peter S Schiro Ins Agcy Inc
1515 30th St #200 – Sacramento, CA 95816 – (916) 444-9787 – View Map
- Valley Surety Insurance
947 Enterprise Dr # A – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 567-6676 – View Map
- Big Savings Insurance Agency, Incorporated
1451 River Park Dr Suite 260 – Sacramento, CA 95815 – (888) 719-6743 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are well trained on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Sacramento willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Wayne Wong
2015 Q St – Sacramento, CA 95811 – (916) 760-7858 – View Map
- Barbara Etrick – State Farm Insurance Agent
6332 Florin Rd – Sacramento, CA 95823 – (916) 822-5110 – View Map
- Timothy Aust – State Farm Insurance Agent
2710 Arden Way – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 482-5328 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Who are their largest clients?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Where are claims handled?
- If they are an independent agency in Sacramento, which companies do they recommend?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Sacramento?
Upon getting reasonable responses to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly service your car insurance policy. Keep in mind you have the power to terminate coverage whenever you choose to so never feel you’re contractually obligated to a policy for the entire policy term.
How to find a good California auto insurance company
Selecting the highest-rated insurer can be rather challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Sacramento. The company information shown below could help you choose which companies you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford