It takes a little time, but the best way to find cheaper quotes for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance is to compare prices regularly from different companies that sell auto insurance in Sacramento.
- Get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic citations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for more ideas to help prevent high rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to compare every company you can. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who compare rates once a year are inclined to switch companies because there is a good probability of finding lower prices. A recent study showed that consumers who compared prices regularly saved as much as $860 a year compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Volkswagen e-Golf insurance is the reason you’re here, then learning about how to quote prices and compare insurance coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in California. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in California, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your Volkswagen vehicle
Even though Sacramento e-Golf insurance rates can get expensive, buying auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most banks will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Volkswagen at a more expensive rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Volkswagen as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Smart Consumers Can Lower Their Insurance Prices
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that help determine your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find better car insurance rates. Many things are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Auto insurance companies in California award most affordable rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Careless drivers pay higher prices – Attentive drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Having a single ticket can increase rates substantially. People who have multiple tickets such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding are required to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- How much liability coverage do you need? – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you if ever a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Bad credit hurts insurance rates – Credit score is a big factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit rating is low, you could save money insuring your Volkswagen e-Golf if you improve your credit rating.
- Being married can lower rates – Being married helps lower the price on your car insurance bill. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Does insurance coverage cost more for males? – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. Males and females cause fender benders at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
Reduce your insurance rates with discounts
Some companies don’t always publicize all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Sacramento car insurance online.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them with the same company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will positively reduce your premiums.
Larger insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include driver training, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, and federal employee.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, accident-free, claim-free
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, and good student.
- Travelers may offer discounts for new car, early quote, home ownership, payment discounts, student away at school, and save driver.
- SAFECO has savings for bundle discounts, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and drive less.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-policy, multi-car, good driver, anti-theft, and pay-in-full.
When getting free Sacramento car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply everywhere. To see insurance companies who offer online Volkswagen e-Golf insurance quotes in Sacramento, click here to view.
Insurance agencies can help
Many people would rather talk to a local agent and that is just fine! Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Sacramento that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency because prices are sent directly to you. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an provider requires more thought than just the price. Any agent in Sacramento should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
Below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Sacramento who can help you get price quotes for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Sacramento.
- Farmers Insurance: Brewer Insurance Agency
6700 Freeport Blvd #101 – Sacramento, CA 95822 – (916) 424-4357 – View Map
- Cliff Cottam Insurance Services
1111 Howe Ave #535 – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (800) 807-6871 – View Map
- Brian Clark – State Farm Insurance Agent
2331 El Camino Ave – Sacramento, CA 95821 – (916) 488-2212 – View Map
- Peter S Schiro Ins Agcy Inc
1515 30th St #200 – Sacramento, CA 95816 – (916) 444-9787 – View Map
Which auto insurance company is best in California?
Choosing a good quality insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies sell coverage in Sacramento. The information below can help you decide which car insurance companies to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Be persistent to save money
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to shop for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Volkswagen e-Golf insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with the smaller companies.
More affordable insurance in Sacramento is attainable online and with local Sacramento insurance agents, so you need to shop Sacramento car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not provide rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional insurance information can be read below:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)