Unimaginable but true, nearly 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Sacramento insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t know the big savings they would realize if they changed companies.
If you want to save money, the best way to find affordable Hyundai Accent insurance is to annually compare prices from insurers in Sacramento. This can be done by completing these steps.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic violations, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover more information to find cheap rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates now
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Accent coverage is available in Sacramento. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new insurer. As soon as you receive it, place the new proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and to quote with as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Sacramento can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have car insurance now, you should be able to get lower rates using these techniques. Drivers only have to learn the best way to get comparison quotes from multiple carriers.
Cheap Sacramento auto insurance quotes with discounts
Some companies do not list every discount very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Sacramento auto insurance online.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few larger companies allow discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Professional Organizations – Joining certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for auto insurance.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow companies to analyze driving habits by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can save you some money because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can help you save on auto insurance because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Resident Student – Kids living away from Sacramento attending college and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Accent annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for safe driver, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, youthful driver, multi-policy, good student, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for exclusive group savings, safety features, preferred payment discount, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, and new move discount.
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, anti-theft, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for group or association, paid in full, multi-policy, safe vehicle, multiple vehicles, and paperless.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, federal employee, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO has discounts for multi-car, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
If you need inexpensive Sacramento auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings might not apply everywhere. To locate insurance companies who offer cheap Hyundai Accent insurance quotes in Sacramento, click here.
Reducing your insurance rates is not a difficult process. All that’s required is to spend a few minutes on the computer to get quotes provided by online insurance companies.
Comparing rates online is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to spend your day driving to insurance agents’ offices. Comparing Hyundai Accent insurance rate quotes online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you require the guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. It is possible to get prices online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Sacramento, CA. To locate cheap auto insurance in CA, we suggest you get rates from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Hyundai Accent insurance rates and statistics
The data table below outlines detailed analysis of coverage costs for Hyundai Accent models. Having knowledge of how premiums are figured can assist in making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accent Blue 2-Dr Hatchback||$178||$298||$492||$30||$148||$1,146||$96|
|Accent GS 2-Dr Hatchback||$210||$362||$492||$30||$148||$1,242||$104|
|Accent GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$426||$654||$38||$196||$1,524||$127|
|Accent SE 2-Dr Hatchback||$240||$490||$492||$30||$148||$1,400||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can decrease or increase coverage rates noticeably.
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can raise or lower Hyundai Accent annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Do you need full coverage?
The example below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Accent annual premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The data is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no clear-cut formula for phasing out physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Hyundai Accent replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing in excess of $700 annually for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Insurance agents can help
When choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Is my Hyundai Accent covered for flood damage?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Local neighborhood Sacramento car insurance agents
A lot of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
By using this short form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Sacramento who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
If you are searching for a local Sacramento insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Sacramento agents can be described as either independent or exclusive. Both sell and service insurance coverage, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. These agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are Sacramento exclusive agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing insurance prices, you will definitely want to include price quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison.
Below are Sacramento independent insurance agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
Ratings for California auto insurance companies
Picking the right insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in California. The company information shown next can help you select which coverage providers you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Cheaper coverage is out there
You just read many tips how you can lower your Hyundai Accent insurance car insurance rates in Sacramento. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
When you buy Sacramento auto insurance online, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Who Has the Cheapest Sacramento Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)