It’s well known that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who compare rates once a year will presumably switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who compared rates regularly saved about $70 a month as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding low prices for auto insurance in Sacramento is the reason for your visit, knowing how to get rate quotes and compare coverage rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
It takes a little time, but the best way to save money on Buick Regal insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Sacramento. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Read and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many things that increase rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a substandard credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for more details to help prevent costly coverage and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Regal insurance. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new coverage. Don’t forget to store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to look at every company you can. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Sacramento is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using the techniques presented in this article. Although California car owners do need to understand how companies sell insurance online and use it to find better rates.
Companies offering affordable Buick Regal prices in Sacramento, CA
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Sacramento, CA. If you want cheap auto insurance in California, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
How Insurance Providers Calculate Buick Regal Insurance Premiums
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the things that help calculate your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with cheaper rates.
- Costs go up with performance – The performance level of the vehicle you are insuring makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Economy passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Accidents increase prices – Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Even a single chargeable violation can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Drivers with clean records get better rates than bad drivers. Drivers with multiple violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Don’t skimp on liability – The liability section of your policy provides coverage if you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – Most larger insurers will award lower prices to policyholders that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to check prices from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Living in a rural area is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Residents of big cities tend to have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. The longer drive time means more chance of being in an accident.
- Allowing your insurance to lapse raises premiums – Driving without insurance is not a good idea and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage may result in a license revocation or jail time.
Loss statistics for a Buick Regal – Companies use claims history when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates.
The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Buick Regal vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or larger claims.
Buick Regal Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Regal 2WD 96 92 82 104 94 97 Buick Regal 4WD 113 87BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buick Regal insurance discounts in Sacramento
Car insurance companies do not list every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Sacramento auto insurance online.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower premium rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used Regal can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Online Discount – Some companies will give you a small discount for completing your application on their website.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- GEICO has savings for anti-theft, good student, driver training, air bags, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, and defensive driver.
- USAA has discounts for annual mileage, driver training, family discount, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and new vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, and online signing.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, air bags, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, and mySafetyValet.
- Esurance may include discounts for claim free, anti-theft, online quote, multi-policy, Switch & Save, good student, and paid-in-full.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include early shopping, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, good student, switch companies, and alternative fuel.
- State Farm may offer discounts for defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, driver’s education, and student away at school.
When quoting, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not apply in Sacramento. To view auto insurance companies who offer discounts in Sacramento, click here to view.
Comparing prices from local Sacramento insurance agencies
Some consumers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Sacramento who will give you bids for your business. There is no need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Sacramento?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
When finding a reliable insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in Sacramento can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Sacramento who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to get several quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Sacramento that can give you rate quotes.
Ancal Insurance Agency
2641 Cottage Way #2 – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 485-5410 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Rielli Insurance and Financial Services LLC
7 Parkcenter Dr #125 – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 234-1490 – View Map
Upon getting positive feedback for all questions you ask as well as a price you’re happy with, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that will insure your vehicles.
Sacramento car insurance company ratings
Finding the right insurance company can be difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Sacramento. The rank data shown next may help you choose which coverage providers you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
It’s not one size fits all
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are my friends covered when driving my Buick Regal?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Buick Regal is totaled?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Quote more to save more
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare Buick Regal insurance premium rates in Sacramento. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Buick Regal insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with the smaller companies. Some small companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Sacramento can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Sacramento agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies do not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)