Statistics show that the vast majority of consumers in California have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could save roughly $859 every year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare other rate quotes.
The most effective way to save money on car insurance rates in Sacramento is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in California. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for tips to help keep rates affordable and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you are insured now or just want cheaper coverage, you can follow these tips to reduce premiums without reducing protection. We hope to introduce you to how insurance works and some money-saving tips. Consumers just have to understand the proper way to compare insurance rates online.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Sacramento auto insurance rates
Some providers don't always publicize all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Sacramento car insurance online.
- Telematics Data - Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to spy on driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down on your Dodge may allow you to get lower auto insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Active Military Service - Having a deployed family member may lower your auto insurance rates slightly.
- One Accident Forgiven - This isn't a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up as long as you don't have any claims for a set time period.
- Smart Student Discounts - Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Theft Deterrent - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Payment Method - By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
Don't be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won't be that lucky.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The data is based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
Companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, driver's education, good student, anti-theft, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Esurance may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, good student, online shopper, safety device, and good driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for good student, safety features, multi-car, new vehicle discount, and new move discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including paid in full, company car, safe vehicle, anti-lock brakes, multiple vehicles, good student, and anti-theft.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, membership and employees, seat belt use, and air bags.
When getting free Sacramento car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all the companies to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not be available everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies who offer cheap Dodge Ram insurance quotes in Sacramento, click here to view.
The majority of larger companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get coverage prices on the web. Obtaining pricing for Dodge Ram insurance in Sacramento doesn't take much effort as you just enter your required coverages into a form. Upon sending the form, the company's rating system makes automated requests for reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price based on the information you submitted.
Using the web to get rates for Dodge Ram insurance in Sacramento makes comparing rates easy, and it's very important to get many rate quotes in order to find the most affordable premium.
In order to get comparison pricing now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you duplicate your coverages just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you're receiving a price comparison based on identical coverages.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Dodge Ram detailed coverage information
The coverage information below highlights different insurance rates for Dodge Ram models. Being able to understand how insurance policy premiums are figured can be valuable when making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$238||$374||$564||$34||$168||$1,378||$115|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$270||$454||$564||$34||$168||$1,490||$124|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$270||$454||$564||$34||$168||$1,490||$124|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$270||$454||$564||$34||$168||$1,490||$124|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$270||$454||$564||$34||$168||$1,490||$124|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$270||$454||$564||$34||$168||$1,490||$124|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$270||$454||$564||$34||$168||$1,490||$124|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$270||$454||$564||$34||$168||$1,490||$124|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$270||$454||$564||$34||$168||$1,490||$124|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$300||$536||$564||$34||$168||$1,602||$134|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$300||$536||$564||$34||$168||$1,602||$134|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$300||$536||$564||$34||$168||$1,602||$134|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$300||$536||$564||$34||$168||$1,602||$134|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$300||$536||$564||$34||$168||$1,602||$134|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$300||$536||$564||$34||$168||$1,602||$134|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$300||$536||$564||$34||$168||$1,602||$134|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$300||$536||$564||$34||$168||$1,602||$134|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$300||$536||$564||$34||$168||$1,602||$134|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$300||$616||$564||$34||$168||$1,682||$140|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$300||$616||$564||$34||$168||$1,682||$140|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can modify price quotes significantly.
The chart below highlights how deductible choice and can change Dodge Ram insurance costs for each age group. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The example below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no specific rule of when to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Ram settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven. Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
The list below includes some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
Gender impacts premiums - Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn't mean women are better drivers. Both genders have auto accidents at about the same rate, but males get into accidents with more damage. Men also get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The illustration below shows the difference between Dodge Ram yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Comp and collision deductibles are a factor - Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are rear-ending another vehicle, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle. The larger the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- More traffic equals higher costs - Being located in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when buying car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
- Certain jobs raise rates - Occupational choices like real estate brokers, air traffic controllers, and accountants tend to have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to intense work situations and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations like farmers, athletes and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
Insurance prices and vehicle performance - The type of vehicle you own makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Low performance passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
The next chart uses these assumptions: single female driver age 20, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Dodge Ram insurance premiums compared to other makes and models that have a range of risk factors.
When to contact an agent
Some consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap insurance quotes and also buy local. Supporting local agents is definitely important in Sacramento.
By using this simple form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents that provide free Sacramento car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to leave your computer because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Listed below is a short list of insurers in Sacramento willing to provide rate quotes for Dodge Ram insurance in Sacramento.
- Nationwide Insurance: Greg Comia Insurance Agency Inc
7500 Elsie Ave Ste 106 - Sacramento, CA 95828 - (916) 682-6053 - View Map
- Valley Surety Insurance
947 Enterprise Dr # A - Sacramento, CA 95825 - (916) 567-6676 - View Map
- Schmoekel Insurance Inc
7558 Stockton Blvd - Sacramento, CA 95823 - (916) 753-1480 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
5211 Madison Ave - Sacramento, CA 95841 - (916) 923-5050 - View Map
Deciding on a company shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. Any good agent in Sacramento should know the answers to these questions.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
Insurance just makes sense
Even though Sacramento Ram insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability if you don't want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your Dodge Ram and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in California is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
A few companies don't offer rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agents. Budget-conscious Dodge Ram insurance is possible online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection.
We covered some good ideas how to reduce Dodge Ram insurance prices online in Sacramento. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best prices are with a small mutual company.
When getting Sacramento car insurance quotes online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Optima in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much are Sacramento Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- How Much is Sacramento Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)