Would you like to find lower-priced Jaguar XJ insurance in Sacramento? Do you get exhausted from trying to scrape together enough money to pay car insurance each month? Your situation is no different than many other California consumers.
It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. People who compare rates annually are likely to switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey discovered that consumers who shopped around saved as much as $865 annually compared to other drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the most affordable Jaguar XJ insurance in Sacramento is why you’re here, then having a grasp of how to quote prices and compare auto insurance can make the process more efficient.
Many insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies and get the best coverage at the best price available on Jaguar XJ insurance in Sacramento.
Cheap Sacramento Jaguar XJ insurance rate quotes online
All the larger insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get coverage price quotes on their websites. Doing online quotes for Jaguar XJ insurance in Sacramento is fairly straightforward because you just enter your coverage preferences into the form. After you complete the form, their system will order your credit score and driving record and gives you a price quote determined by many factors. This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step if you want to get a lower rate.
To save time and get comparison pricing now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you duplicate the coverages just like they are on your policy. This way, you will have an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in California. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Sacramento, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Some insurers don’t always advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not double check each discount possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current XJ insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next car insurance statement.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 25 to 30%.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Jaguar XJ insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data assumes a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, air bags, military active duty, federal employee, seat belt use, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO discounts include multi-car, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, and accident prevention training.
- State Farm offers discounts for good driver, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good student, accident-free, good driver, claim-free, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century includes discounts for theft prevention, automatic seat belts, early bird, homeowners, good student, and student driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not be available in your area. To find insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in California, follow this link.
Rates and detailed analysis
The information shown below outlines different prices for Jaguar XJ models. Having insight into how rates are determined can aid in making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XJ SWB 4-Dr Sedan||$590||$986||$578||$34||$174||$2,362||$197|
|XJ LWB 4-Dr Sedan||$640||$1088||$578||$34||$174||$2,514||$210|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in specific location which can affect coverage prices significantly.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Jaguar XJ insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the California minimum liability coverage. The premiums assume no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no written rule for phasing out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Jaguar XJ claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $2,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $200 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
A lot of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! One of the benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an provider should depend on more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Are they full-time agents?
Below is a list of car insurance companies in Sacramento who can help you get comparison quotes for Jaguar XJ insurance in Sacramento.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Jaguar has a loan, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Jaguar at an extremely high rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects your Jaguar and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
What insurance coverages do you need?
Learning about specific coverages of insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 15/30/5 that translate to a limit of $15,000 per injured person, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as emergency aid, court costs, attorney fees, funeral expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Collision insurance covers damage to your XJ resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as rolling your car, colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your XJ in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as rock chips in glass, vandalism, damage from getting keyed, damage from a tornado or hurricane and a broken windshield. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like pain medications, ambulance fees, surgery, doctor visits and chiropractic care. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Affordable insurance rates are possible
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents. The cheapest Jaguar XJ insurance in Sacramento is possible both online in addition to many Sacramento insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture.
How to find cheaper Jaguar XJ insurance in Sacramento
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get budget Jaguar XJ insurance in Sacramento is to compare prices regularly from different companies who provide car insurance in California.
- Get an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like traffic citations and a not-so-good credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One thing to point out is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare every company you can. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Additional information can be read on the following sites:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Car Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- How Much is Sacramento Auto Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)