The preferred way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from companies who provide car insurance in Sacramento. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, take a little time to learn about how car insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like getting speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover instructions to get cheaper coverage and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper K900 coverage is available in Sacramento. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One bit of advice is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s a known fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who compare price quotes are inclined to buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey found that drivers who compared rates annually saved an average of $3,450 over four years compared to people who never compared rates.
If saving money on car insurance in Sacramento is your objective, then having some insight into how to find and compare cheaper coverage can save time and money.
Take these nine policy discounts and save on Kia K900 insurance in Sacramento
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Save with a New Car – Putting auto insurance coverage on a new K900 is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- 55 and Retired – Seniors are able to get lower premium rates.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate and Progressive allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a defensive driver course could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best auto insurance rates as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The best auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers discounts for five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, seat belt use, and air bags.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for multi-car, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, drive less, and safe driver.
- State Farm may have discounts that include student away at school, passive restraint, good student, accident-free, and defensive driving training.
- MetLife may include discounts for defensive driver, accident-free, claim-free, good student, good driver, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century discounts include air bags, automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, and student driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online signing.
When quoting, ask every company which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in Sacramento.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Sacramento, CA. To get the best cheap car insurance in CA, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance agents near you
Some people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes to get your business. There is no need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is the agency active in community causes in Sacramento?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- When do they do a full risk review?
When researching a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Sacramento are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can write car insurance policies, but it’s important to know the differences because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only write with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Sacramento who may provide you with price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance: Brewer Insurance Agency
6700 Freeport Blvd #101 – Sacramento, CA 95822 – (916) 424-4357 – View Map
- Ron Andre – State Farm Insurance Agent
394 Florin Rd – Sacramento, CA 95831 – (916) 428-2918 – View Map
- Timothy Aust – State Farm Insurance Agent
2710 Arden Way – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 482-5328 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you check rates from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. Most also write with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Below are Sacramento independent agents willing to provide price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Greg Comia Insurance Agency Inc
7500 Elsie Ave Ste 106 – Sacramento, CA 95828 – (916) 682-6053 – View Map
- Ice Insurance Agency
813 F St – Sacramento, CA 95814 – (916) 387-6800 – View Map
- Cliff Cottam Insurance Services
1111 Howe Ave #535 – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (800) 807-6871 – View Map
What is the best auto insurance company in California?
Finding a high-quality auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in California. The rank data in the next section could help you select which providers you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Car insurance coverages 101
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your K900 resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible on your K900 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 15/30/5 that translate to a limit of $15,000 per injured person, $30,000 for the entire accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, emergency aid, medical services, attorney fees and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. California requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The next chart shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many California drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hitting a deer, damage from flooding, fire damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills like rehabilitation expenses, nursing services, hospital visits, X-ray expenses and doctor visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Persistence pays off
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to compare Kia K900 insurance prices in Sacramento. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high prices, lack of trust in their agent, denial of a claim or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Car Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- How Much is Sacramento Car Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much are Sacramento Car Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)