Do you need a fast way to compare lower-priced Saturn Sky insurance in Sacramento? When shopping for lower-priced insurance, do you get overwhelmed by the wide range of auto insurance providers in Sacramento? You have so many providers available that it can easily turn into hard work to find the lowest price for Saturn Sky insurance in Sacramento. Lots of people think Sacramento is a great city to live in, but finding the money to pay for auto insurance makes it impossible to purchase enough protection.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Saturn Sky insurance in Sacramento
It takes a little time, but the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Sacramento is to compare prices annually from providers who sell auto insurance in California.
- Step 1: Read and learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as inattentive driving and an unacceptable credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives more information to get lower rates and get additional discounts.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A good tip to remember is to compare identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s hard to believe, but a large majority of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Consumers in California could save an average of about $469 each year just by comparing rates, but they just feel it’s too hard to find affordable auto insurance rates.
If you have a policy now, you will be able to lower your rates using this information. Our objective in writing this article is to teach you a little about the best way to quote coverages and some tips to save money. But California consumers must understand the methods companies use to price insurance differently.
Best Saturn Sky insurance rates in California
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in California. If your goal is to find the best cheap car insurance in California, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Score discounts on Sacramento car insurance
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there may be some discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but some need to be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Good Student – This discount may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Onboard Data Collection – Sacramento drivers who agree to allow their car insurance company to analyze driving patterns remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Saturn may allow you to get cheaper premium rates.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Sacramento car insurance quote.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- 21st Century may include discounts for good student, theft prevention, teen driver, student driver, early bird, defensive driver, and 55 and older.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, and homeowner.
- State Farm has discounts for anti-theft, driver’s education, multiple autos, good driver, student away at school, and good student.
- Nationwide has savings for anti-theft, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, easy pay, multi-policy, and family plan.
- Esurance may offer discounts for good student, multi-policy, renters, multi-car, online shopper, and emergency road assistance.
- The Hartford discounts include defensive driver, air bag, vehicle fuel type, good student, driver training, anti-theft, and bundle.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not be offered everywhere. For a list of insurance companies who offer free Saturn Sky insurance quotes in Sacramento, click here to view.
Auto insurance is available from local insurance agents
Some consumers just want to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with local agents is still important in Sacramento.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
If you want to buy auto insurance from an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they function. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Many can place coverage with smaller mutual companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Sacramento who may provide pricing information.
- Bertolino Insurance Agency
9719 Lincoln Village Dr #409 – Sacramento, CA 95827 – (916) 384-9621 – View Map
- Schmoekel Insurance Inc
7558 Stockton Blvd – Sacramento, CA 95823 – (916) 753-1480 – View Map
- Big Savings Insurance Agency, Incorporated
1451 River Park Dr Suite 260 – Sacramento, CA 95815 – (888) 719-6743 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are exclusive agents in Sacramento who can help you get price quote information.
- Rich Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
1001 26th St – Sacramento, CA 95816 – (916) 447-8560 – View Map
- Ken Perry – State Farm Insurance Agent
2724 24th St #200 – Sacramento, CA 95818 – (916) 452-6668 – View Map
- Sherman Chan – State Farm Insurance Agent
1355 Florin Rd Ste 1 – Sacramento, CA 95822 – (916) 422-1550 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. Any good agent in Sacramento should know the answers to these questions.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- How long have they been in business?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
Best car insurance in California
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices you have in California. The company information in the next section could help you pick which auto insurers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Shop smart and save
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices, policy cancellation or even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to reduce Saturn Sky insurance premium rates online in Sacramento. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with a small mutual company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
How to find cheaper rates for Saturn Sky insurance in Sacramento
The easiest way to get low-cost Saturn Sky insurance in Sacramento is to compare quotes annually from insurers in California. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
First, read about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents and an imperfect credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Sky coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, notify your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new policy. Be sure to keep your new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Sacramento Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)