It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Consumers who get comparison quotes at least once a year are very likely to buy a new policy because there are good odds of finding a lower-priced company. A recent car insurance study discovered that consumers who compared prices once a year saved $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest price on Acura TL insurance in Sacramento is your ultimate objective, then having an understanding of how to shop and compare insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
The recommended way to quote cheaper Acura TL insurance in Sacramento is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies who can sell car insurance in California.
- Spend some time learning about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents and poor credit can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives instructions to prevent expensive rate increases and get additional discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates and determine if cheaper TL coverage is available in Sacramento. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new company or agent. Once coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to compare identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get rates from every company you can. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Companies offering low-cost Acura TL rates in Sacramento, CA
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in California. To get the best car insurance in California, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance analysis for an Acura TL
The rate table below outlines estimates of policy rates for Acura TL models. Having insight into how car insurance premiums are calculated can benefit drivers when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TL 3.5 W/Technology Package||$242||$454||$416||$24||$124||$1,260||$105|
|TL 3.7 SH AWD||$242||$454||$416||$24||$124||$1,260||$105|
|TL 3.7 SH W/Technology Package AWD||$242||$522||$416||$24||$124||$1,328||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in specific Sacramento garaging location which can lower or raise premiums greatly.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The information below visualizes the comparison of Acura TL car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The rate quotes are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no set rule of when to stop paying for comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Acura TL book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing in excess of $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
Seven factors that determine insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower rates.
Safety first – Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates.
Only buy what you need – There are quite a few add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Coverages like rental car coverage, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
Accidents cost more than a fine – A bad driving record influences premium rates substantially. Attentive drivers get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Having a single citation can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who get flagrant violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
The information below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims increase Acura TL insurance costs for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Save money by having excellent credit – Credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit history can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Acura TL by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with poor credit.
No policy gaps is important – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.
Cheaper rates by consolidating – Most larger insurance companies provide discounts to customers who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still save even more than the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
Do you work long hours in a tough occupation? – Occupations such as fire fighters, social workers, and financial analysts usually pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from job stress and lengthy work days. Other careers such as scientists, students and the unemployed receive lower rates.
Acura TL claim data – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle when determining insurance rates. Models that are shown to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will be charged more to insure. The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Acura TL vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less represent a good loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura TLX 4dr 2WD||90||75||97||93||74||77|
|Acura TLX 4dr 4WD||120||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Save money with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but certain companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow companies to look at vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for better insurance rates.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Acura could be rewarded with better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Resident Student – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
The information below shows the comparison of Acura TL premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO offers discounts for accident prevention training, anti-theft, drive less, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, and bundle discounts.
- American Family offers discounts including mySafetyValet, accident-free, TimeAway discount, good student, and bundled insurance.
- MetLife discounts include claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, good student, accident-free
- GEICO offers premium reductions for five-year accident-free, air bags, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, and seat belt use.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, anti-theft, driver training, vehicle fuel type, good student, air bag, and defensive driver.
When quoting, ask every company how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not apply in Sacramento. To locate providers with discount rates in Sacramento, click this link.
When to get advice from a local insurance agent
Certain consumers just want to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you may find better rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes to get your business. You don’t have to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Sacramento should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is the agent properly licensed in California?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Sacramento?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Sacramento?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
When searching for an insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning how they are different since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Sacramento who can help you get price quote information.
- Brian Clark – State Farm Insurance Agent
2331 El Camino Ave – Sacramento, CA 95821 – (916) 488-2212 – View Map
- Rich Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
1001 26th St – Sacramento, CA 95816 – (916) 447-8560 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
5211 Madison Ave – Sacramento, CA 95841 – (916) 923-5050 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Sacramento who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Big Savings Insurance Agency, Incorporated
1451 River Park Dr Suite 260 – Sacramento, CA 95815 – (888) 719-6743 – View Map
- Indus Insurance Agency Incorporated
6968 65th St – Sacramento, CA 95823 – (916) 391-3000 – View Map
- Bates Insurance Agency | Auto Insurance and Homeowners Insurance and Car Insurance
2306 J St – Sacramento, CA 95816 – (916) 251-3548 – View Map
After getting reasonable responses to all your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to adequately provide insurance. But keep in mind you are able to cancel your policy at any time so never assume that you’re stuck with a policy indefinitely.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver or even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies can be pretty painless.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to find affordable Acura TL insurance in Sacramento. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Sacramento auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best car insurance rates are with the smaller companies.
Budget-conscious Acura TL insurance is available both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read in the articles below:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Sacramento Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Sacramento Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)