The best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to annually compare prices from companies who sell auto insurance in Sacramento. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Read about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents and an imperfect credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for information to find cheap prices and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to look at as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Unbelievable but true according to a study nearly 70% of California drivers have remained with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Many consumers in America could save themselves $860 a year just by comparing rates, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates and save money.
If you are already insured, you will be able to save money using the concepts you’re about to learn. Locating the best rates in Sacramento is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. But California vehicle owners need to have an understanding of the way insurance companies determine what you pay because rates are impacted by many factors.
It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes increases your odds of finding the best rates.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in California. In order to find cheap auto insurance in California, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
Buying the right Sable insurance in California is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Sacramento, paying for insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Mercury, most banks will require you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Mercury at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Mercury as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so it’s important to compare rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheaper Mercury Sable insurance rates in Sacramento
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Student Discounts – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better rates.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Car insurance companies who may offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you want cheaper Sacramento auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Sacramento. To see a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Sacramento, click here to view.
Compare rates but work with a neighborhood Sacramento auto insurance agent
Some people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Sacramento.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to participating agents in Sacramento who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Sacramento auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you would like to find a local Sacramento insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Auto insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies through many different auto insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to compare prices from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following are independent agents in Sacramento who may provide free auto insurance quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Sacramento that can give you price quotes.
Picking the best insurance agency requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Sacramento?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Once you have good feedback to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that can be relied on to insure your vehicles.
Compare insurance rates regularly to save
When shopping online for insurance, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Some insurance providers may not provide internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies work with local independent agencies. Cheap Mercury Sable insurance in Sacramento is attainable online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional information is available below:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Sacramento Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- How Much are Sacramento Car Insurance Rates for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Felons in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)