Are you doing reasearch to find lower-priced Honda Fit insurance in Sacramento? Shopping for budget Sacramento Honda Fit insurance quotes may seem to be somewhat intimidating for people who are new to buying insurance online. Since there are so many insurers to choose from, how are we expected to have time to compare every company to locate the cheapest price possible?
Steps to saving money on Honda Fit insurance in Sacramento
To save the most money, the best way to get cheaper Honda Fit insurance is to regularly compare quotes from insurers that sell auto insurance in Sacramento.
- First, try to learn a little about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like careless driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. View prices
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Fit coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for your new coverage. Don’t forget to keep your new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you use identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who shop for lower prices will presumably switch companies because they have a good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A study showed that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved approximately $860 a year compared to other drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the best price on car insurance in Sacramento is your intention, then having an understanding of how to choose a company and compare coverage rates can help you be more efficient.
It’s important to price shop coverage every six months because insurance prices change frequently. If you had the best deal on Honda Fit insurance in Sacramento at your last renewal you will most likely find a better rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because it’s time to teach you how to use the internet to lower your annual insurance bill.
Just remember that comparing more rates from different companies increases your odds of finding lower pricing.
The following companies can provide price quotes in Sacramento, CA. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in CA, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Honda Fit insurance, buying car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda at a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your Honda Fit and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to save money.
The coverage table below covers estimates of prices for Honda Fit models. Understanding how insurance premiums are determined is important for drivers to make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fit Sport VSA||$262||$562||$274||$16||$82||$1,196||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in your specific Sacramento location which can raise or lower price quotes greatly.
Car insurance rates based on gender
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Honda Fit insurance prices for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Get discounts to get affordable Sacramento auto insurance quotes
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but some need to be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could be rewarded with discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies provide a discount for signing up prior to your current Fit insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Sacramento car insurance online.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Honda Fit car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. Data assumes a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, student away at school, accident-free, and passive restraint.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, air bags, anti-theft, driver training, emergency military deployment, and daytime running lights.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century discounts include defensive driver, student driver, 55 and older, anti-lock brakes, and automatic seat belts.
- American Family has savings for good student, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, air bags, and good driver.
- The Hartford includes discounts for air bag, bundle, defensive driver, driver training, good student, anti-theft, and vehicle fuel type.
- AAA may have discounts that include education and occupation, good student, good driver, anti-theft, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in every state.
Car insurance can be complex
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different and your car insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Sacramento?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Honda Fit?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Sacramento car insurance company ratings
Selecting the right car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in California. The company rank data listed below could help you choose which insurers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%