It’s shocking but almost 70% of insureds in California have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. American drivers can save up to $850 each year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find discount auto insurance rates in Sacramento is to compare prices regularly from companies that sell auto insurance in California. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Read and learn about how insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. As soon as you receive it, put the proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
A tip to remember is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Sacramento can be much easier if you know how to start. If you have coverage now, you should be able to find the best rates using these methods. Smart buyers only need an understanding of the least time-consuming way to shop for car insurance from many different companies.
Companies offering Toyota Corolla iM insurance in Sacramento
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in California. To find cheaper auto insurance in CA, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
How You Can Control Toyota Corolla iM Insurance Rates
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs. Many different elements are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
- Frequent policy claims increase premiums – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in California generally give discounts to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Little extras can really add up – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for personal injury protection, towing, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when discussing your needs, but if you don’t need them consider taking them off your policy.
- Policy lapses raise premiums – Driving with no insurance is a misdemeanor and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage could earn you fines or a revoked license.
- Insurance is expensive for teen drivers – Youthful drivers in California are known to be more careless with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
- Married drivers get cheaper costs – Being married actually saves money compared to being single. Having a significant other translates into being more financially stable and it’s proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Don’t overlook these Toyota Corolla iM insurance discounts
Companies don’t always list all discounts very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger insurance companies have a discounted price on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable their insurance company to track driving patterns by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies provide a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including early shopping, distant student, teen driver, business and professional, and multi-car.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple autos, student away at school, accident-free, passive restraint, good driver, and driver’s education.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include multi-policy, new move discount, newly married, new graduate, preferred payment discount, and good student.
- MetLife has savings for multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, claim-free, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
If you are trying to find low cost Sacramento car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in your state.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
Many drivers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can find better rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Sacramento that can provide free Sacramento car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you wish to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Sacramento for you
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agencies in Sacramento are either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth learning why they differ because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
These agents generally can only insure with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below are Sacramento exclusive agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: John Chandler
900 Jefferson Blvd #110 – West Sacramento, CA 95691 – (916) 374-1600 – View Map
- Lori McCarter Curry – State Farm Insurance Agent
451 Park Fair Dr #2 – Sacramento, CA 95864 – (916) 487-5151 – View Map
- Barbara Etrick – State Farm Insurance Agent
6332 Florin Rd – Sacramento, CA 95823 – (916) 822-5110 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with small mutual carriers who may have lower rates.
The following are independent agencies in Sacramento that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Pan American Underwriters
1610 Arden Way # 121 – Sacramento, CA 95815 – (916) 286-5960 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Ham Insurance Agency Inc
2210 Del Paso Rd e – Sacramento, CA 95834 – (916) 419-8228 – View Map
- Bertolino Insurance Agency
9719 Lincoln Village Dr #409 – Sacramento, CA 95827 – (916) 384-9621 – View Map
Cheaper car insurance prices are available
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
More affordable car insurance in Sacramento can be sourced online and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Sacramento car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not offer online rate quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell through local independent agencies.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal or high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new car insurance company is easier than you think.
To read more, link through to the resources below:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Journey in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)