Price shopping your Toyota Tacoma insurance in Sacramento can seem to be frustrating for beginners to buying insurance online. People have so many different companies and agents to choose from that it can easily be a difficult challenge to find the lowest price on Toyota Tacoma insurance.
It's well known that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who compare price quotes will most likely switch insurance companies because there is a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A study showed that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved about $850 each year compared to other drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance in Sacramento is your intention, then having some knowledge of how to get rate quotes and compare auto insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using the concepts you're about to learn. The purpose of this post is to teach you how insurance works and some tricks to saving. But California car owners do need to understand how companies set your policy premium and use this information to your advantage.
Low cost Sacramento Toyota Tacoma insurance rate quotes online
All major car insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get prices online. This process is fairly simple because you just enter the coverages you want as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, the quote system pulls your driving and credit reports and gives you a price quote based on the data you entered.
The ability to get online rate quotes for Toyota Tacoma insurance in Sacramento simplifies rate comparisons, and it's necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to get cheap rates.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. This helps ensure you will get a price comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in California. To locate cheap car insurance in CA, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Get cheaper Toyota Tacoma insurance in Sacramento with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there may be some discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving less could qualify for lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car instead of a used Tacoma may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Toyota Tacoma insurance in Sacramento.
- Driver Training Discounts - Completing a defensive driver course could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Membership in Organizations - Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Driver's Ed - Have your child enroll and complete driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Life Insurance - Some auto insurance companies give a lower rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Tacoma insurance costs with and without discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that have some of the above discounts are:
If you want inexpensive Sacramento auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Discounts might not apply in Sacramento.
The premium information displayed next showcases a range of coverage costs for Toyota Tacoma models. Having a better idea how rate quotes are formulated can help customers make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$332||$564||$450||$26||$134||$1,506||$126|
|Tacoma X-Runner 2WD||$332||$664||$450||$26||$134||$1,606||$134|
|Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$374||$564||$450||$26||$134||$1,548||$129|
|Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off-Road Package 4WD||$374||$564||$450||$26||$134||$1,548||$129|
|Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport Package 4WD||$374||$564||$450||$26||$134||$1,548||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in your specific Sacramento location which can revise coverage rates considerably.
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can increase or decrease Toyota Tacoma annual premium costs for each different age group. The premiums assume a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims can impact Toyota Tacoma insurance prices for different insured age categories. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Quote Toyota Tacoma Insurance Cheaper
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that aid in calculating your premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with better car insurance rates. Many different elements are used when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
The following are some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Cheaper rates using theft deterrents - Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can get you a discount on your car insurance. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder car theft.
Performance impacts insurance prices - The make and model of the car or truck you need insurance for makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. Low performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The following chart is based on a married male driver age 20, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Toyota Tacoma car insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of performances.
- Save by driving safer cars - Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Toyota Tacoma earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Prices may be lower depending on your occupation - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Careers such as military personnel, business owners, and medical professionals tend to pay higher premium rates in part from intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other jobs like professors, students and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Loss probability for a Toyota Tacoma - Companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to help calculate premium prices. Models that the statistics show to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more to insure. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Toyota Tacoma vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Percentages below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Toyota Tacoma Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 2WD 79 109 70 77 76 92 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD 82 104 84 64 56 77 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab LWB 2WD 87 108 74 96 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab LWB 4WD 84 104 88 68 57 79 Toyota Tacoma Xtra Cab 2WD 80 105 60 86 75 96 Toyota Tacoma Xtra Cab 4WD 71 90 77 48 51 65BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I contact an insurance agent?
Many people would prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about price shopping on the web is you may find the lowest rates and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Sacramento.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Sacramento that provide free Sacramento auto insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Independent or Exclusive: It's your choice
When looking for a reliable agent, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Sacramento can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you should always include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Most can insure with different regional companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a small list of independent agencies in Sacramento who may be able to give you free price quotes.
- Pan American Underwriters
1610 Arden Way # 121 - Sacramento, CA 95815 - (916) 286-5960 - View Map
- Ice Insurance Agency
813 F St - Sacramento, CA 95814 - (916) 387-6800 - View Map
- McClatchy Insurance Agency
2410 Fair Oaks Blvd #140 - Sacramento, CA 95825 - (916) 488-4702 - View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are unable to provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company's products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are Sacramento exclusive agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Trevor Fong - State Farm Insurance Agent
7485 Rush River Dr #715 - Sacramento, CA 95831 - (916) 392-1240 - View Map
- Tim Kwong - State Farm Insurance Agent
1035 Jefferson Blvd #5 - West Sacramento, CA 95691 - (916) 371-4730 - View Map
- Ron Andre - State Farm Insurance Agent
394 Florin Rd - Sacramento, CA 95831 - (916) 428-2918 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Can you contact them at any time?
Upon receiving good feedback to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to adequately provide insurance.
Persistent drivers can save
Low-cost Toyota Tacoma insurance in Sacramento is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in Sacramento, so you need to shop Sacramento auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer price quotes online and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
We've covered many ways to reduce Toyota Tacoma insurance prices online in Sacramento. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Sacramento auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it's not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Steps to saving on Toyota Tacoma insurance in Sacramento
It takes a little time, but the best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from companies in Sacramento.
- Try to comprehend how companies set rates and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the newly selected company. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance Quotes for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)