Really, the only way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates in Sacramento is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies in California. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit score can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover ideas to get affordable coverage and earn larger discounts.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good piece of advice is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
Unfortunately, most car insurance customers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. California drivers could save nearly $469 every year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rate quotes online.
If you’re already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using the ideas presented in this article. Comparing quotes for the most affordable protection in Sacramento is not that difficult. Although California car owners do need to learn the way insurance companies price insurance differently and take advantage of how the system works.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to realize car insurance companies have advanced systems to give you rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as distance driven, an estimate of your credit level, how you use your vehicles, and if you’re married. Those rating factors is instantly submitted to multiple companies and you will get price comparisons with very little delay.
To start a quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Sacramento.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Sacramento, CA. If your goal is to find the best cheap auto insurance in Sacramento, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Insurance coverage details
The information displayed below covers different policy rates for Jeep Commander models. Knowing how auto insurance prices are determined can be of help when making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Commander Sport 2WD||$270||$454||$464||$28||$138||$1,354||$113|
|Commander Sport 4WD||$270||$536||$464||$28||$138||$1,436||$120|
|Commander Limited 2WD||$300||$536||$464||$28||$138||$1,466||$122|
|Commander Limited 4WD||$300||$536||$464||$28||$138||$1,466||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can influence premiums considerably.
Careless Sacramento drivers pay higher rates
The chart below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can impact Jeep Commander insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Commander auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The information below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Commander annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no set rule to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Jeep Commander replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $400 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Get cheaper Jeep Commander insurance in Sacramento with discounts
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but a few need to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Sacramento car insurance quote.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Commander insurance in Sacramento.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Driver Safety – Passing a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Student Discounts – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow their auto insurance company to analyze driving manner by installing a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Student in College – Children who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Commander yearly insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- State Farm has discounts for multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, air bags, daytime running lights, military active duty, and driver training.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for multi-car, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for youthful driver, pay in full, teen driver, bundle discounts, distant student, and multi-car.
- AAA may have discounts that include anti-theft, multi-car, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, pay-in-full, good driver, and education and occupation.
- USAA may offer discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, vehicle storage, new vehicle, and annual mileage.
If you need lower rates, check with each company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in your state. To view providers who offer online Jeep Commander insurance quotes in California, click here.
Why you need quality insurance for your Jeep vehicle
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Jeep Commander has a lienholder, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Jeep at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your Jeep. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to save money.
Best car insurance company in California
Ending up with the top car insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many choices you have in California. The company rank data in the lists below can help you select which providers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Are insurance agencies used anymore?
Many drivers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking an provider requires you to look at more than just the price. Before buying a policy in Sacramento, get answers to these questions.
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- How long have they been in business?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
The following is a list of car insurance companies in Sacramento that are able to give comparison quotes for Jeep Commander insurance in Sacramento.
- Greg Lauck – State Farm Insurance Agent
950 Fulton Ave #175 – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 978-9110 – View Map
- Ice Insurance Agency
813 F St – Sacramento, CA 95814 – (916) 387-6800 – View Map
- Leland Insurance Agency
910 Florin Rd # 108 – Sacramento, CA 95831 – (916) 428-1309 – View Map
- Barbara Etrick – State Farm Insurance Agent
6332 Florin Rd – Sacramento, CA 95823 – (916) 822-5110 – View Map