It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who shop around once a year will presumably switch auto insurance companies because there are good odds of finding good coverage at a lower price. A survey found that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved over $3,450 over four years compared to people who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding discount rates on Jaguar S-Type insurance in Sacramento is the reason for your visit, then having a good understanding how to get rate quotes and compare coverage rates can help make the process easier.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from companies in Sacramento. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for additional ideas to help prevent high rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies. Start a quote
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Sacramento. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit a signed application and payment for your new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, place the new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
One piece of advice is that you use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. This guarantees a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Don’t overlook these Jaguar S-Type insurance discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but a few must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less in comparison with bad drivers.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Memberships – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on S-Type insurance in Sacramento.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total S-Type insurance premium.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Sacramento auto insurance quote.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you could get a free auto insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Some of the insurance companies that may include some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in every state. To see companies that offer some of these discounts in Sacramento, click this link.
Getting more affordable Jaguar S-Type insurance pricing is actually quite simple. Drivers just need to take time comparing free Sacramento auto insurance quotes from online providers.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in California. If your goal is to find the best cheap auto insurance in Sacramento, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Buy More Affordable Car Insurance with These Tips
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the elements that aid in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in big savings.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
- Gender and insurance coverage premiums – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Males and females tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are several times more likely to be in an accident so it costs more to insure them.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – The majority of companies provide a discount to policyholders that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to compare Jaguar S-Type rates in Sacramento to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- You might have higher rates if you are single – Having a spouse helps lower the price when shopping for car insurance. Marriage translates into being more stable financially it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Limits of liability protection – The liability section of your policy will afford coverage if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Cheaper rates with high comp and collision deductibles – Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are required to spend before your car insurance pays a claim. Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, and damage from wind. The more of the claim you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are a lot of extra coverages you can purchase but may not be useful. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and membership fees could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- The type of car you drive affects your prices – The make and model of the car you drive makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. The best insurance prices tend to be for lower cost passenger models, but your final cost has many other factors.
Buying car insurance from Sacramento auto insurance agents
A small number of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Sacramento.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Sacramento can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into buying decisions.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to contact several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with different regional companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Sacramento that can give you free car insurance rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Greg Comia Insurance Agency Inc
7500 Elsie Ave Ste 106 – Sacramento, CA 95828 – (916) 682-6053 – View Map
- Big Savings Insurance Agency, Incorporated
1451 River Park Dr Suite 260 – Sacramento, CA 95815 – (888) 719-6743 – View Map
- Cliff Cottam Insurance Services
1111 Howe Ave #535 – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (800) 807-6871 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well schooled in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Sacramento that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Sherman Chan – State Farm Insurance Agent
1355 Florin Rd Ste 1 – Sacramento, CA 95822 – (916) 422-1550 – View Map
- GEICO: Vincent Harris
5211 Madison Ave – Sacramento, CA 95841 – (916) 923-5050 – View Map
- Darryl Fong – State Farm Insurance Agent
8489 Folsom Blvd – Sacramento, CA 95826 – (916) 388-1900 – View Map
Selecting a insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- What companies can they write with?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
If you feel you receive good answers to these questions as well as low cost Jaguar S-Type insurance quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your car insurance policy.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Jaguar, almost every bank will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Jaguar at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your Jaguar and your personal assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Jaguar gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your S-Type outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $810 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How much can you save?
We’ve covered many tips how you can shop for Jaguar S-Type insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, someone sacrificed collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Additional auto insurance information can be found at the links below
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Sacramento Car Insurance Rates for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Journey in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)