Feel like you're a prisoner to high-priced Kia Optima insurance in Sacramento? You're in good company because you're not alone.
It's a known fact that auto insurance companies don't want you shop around. Insureds who get price comparisons will most likely switch to a new company because there is a significant possibility of finding a cheaper policy. A recent car insurance study discovered that drivers who regularly compared price quotes saved about $865 annually compared to people who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on Kia Optima insurance is the reason for your visit, understanding how to quote and compare coverage rates can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Kia Optima insurance in Sacramento
To save the most money, the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from companies in Sacramento. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to understand how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding and poor credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Sacramento. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new coverage. Don't forget to safely store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
The key thing to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
Because there are so many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be hard to locate the cheapest company.
Choosing the best rates in Sacramento is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have a policy now, you will be able to find the best rates using the ideas presented in this article. Nevertheless, California consumers do need to know how big insurance companies calculate their prices and use it to your advantage.
Insurance rate breakdown
The data table shown next outlines detailed analysis of insurance costs for Kia Optima models. Having knowledge of how premiums are established can be useful when making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Sacramento location which can revise premiums noticeably.
Impact of speeding/accidents on car insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims influence Kia Optima car insurance costs for each age group. The costs are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
How much more does full coverage cost in Sacramento?
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Kia Optima yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The data is based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no set guideline of when to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Kia Optima book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Many things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are less obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are a few of the "ingredients" utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
- How credit history affects auto insurance rates - Having a bad credit rating factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Kia Optima by repairing your credit.
- Combine policies and save - Lots of insurance companies provide lower prices to people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to ten percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, it's still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a chance you can find a better deal by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- Premiums may be lower depending on your occupation - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like lawyers, air traffic controllers, and dentists have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of stressful work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. Other careers such as farmers, engineers and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
- Never allow your coverage to lapse - Not maintaining insurance is a misdemeanor and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you fines or a revoked license.
- Extra coverages could be costing you - Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money when buying auto insurance. Things like rental car coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them remove them and pocket the money.
Kia Optima insurance loss data - Insurance companies analyze the history of losses to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that are shown to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher premium rate.
The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for Kia Optima vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Kia Optima Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Optima 115 101 107 133 142 120 Kia Optima Hybrid 143 115 116 139 158 151BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
More comparisons equals cheap rates
We covered a lot of ways to compare Kia Optima insurance prices in Sacramento. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
There are still a few companies who may not offer online rate quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent agencies. Lower-priced Kia Optima insurance in Sacramento is possible from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation and even denial of a claim. It doesn't matter what your reason, choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
How to find low-cost Kia Optima insurance in Sacramento
The best way we recommend to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Sacramento is to regularly compare price quotes from providers who provide auto insurance in California.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Find a Sacramento insurance agent
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new coverage. Be sure to put the new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
One bit of advice is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Additional car insurance information is located at the links below
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much is Sacramento Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Optima in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much is Sacramento Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)