Kia Sorento insurance cost image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates in Sacramento is to compare quotes annually from different companies that sell auto insurance in California.
- First, try to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher rates such as traffic violations and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives more information to prevent expensive rate increases and find hidden discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Sorento coverage is available in Sacramento. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Astonishing but true, the vast majority of insurance customers in California renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never quoted insurance rates at all. U.S. insurance shoppers could save approximately 46.5% every year by just shopping around, but most just don't grasp the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Lower-cost Sacramento auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be significant discounts that you may not know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next auto insurance statement.
- Accident Waiver - This isn't a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Telematics Discount - Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to analyze where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system like Allstate's Drivewise could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with the same company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Low mileage vehicles could earn cheaper auto insurance rates.
- Auto/Life Discount - Larger companies have better premium rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a new Sorento can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
For a list of auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in California, click this link.
When quoting insurance, remember that comparing more rates from different companies will improve the odds of getting the best offered rates. Some smaller insurers do not give online Sacramento Sorento insurance quotes, so you should also compare prices from them, too.
The following companies provide price quotes in Sacramento, CA. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Sacramento, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the lowest car insurance rates.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
Do you really need the add-on coverages? - There are quite a few extra coverages that you can buy on your car insurance policy. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
Premiums may be higher where you live - Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing when buying car insurance. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Urban drivers have to deal with traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. More time behind the wheel means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Use credit responsibly and save - Credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit. If your credit history could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Kia Sorento by spending a little time repairing your credit.
How much liability protection do you need? - Your policy's liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Insurance loss data for a Kia Sorento - Insurers take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help determine the rate you pay. Models that historically have a trend towards higher claims will be charged more to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Kia Sorento vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD||80||86||82||110||111||94|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD||85||87||101||97||98||85|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When buying your policy for your vehicles, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Who is covered when they drive my Kia Sorento?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Am I covered when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Compare rates but buy from a local Sacramento insurance agency
Many people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is definitely important in Sacramento.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your information is transmitted to insurance agents in Sacramento who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good provider requires more thought than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Sacramento?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
After receiving acceptable answers to these questions as well as cheaper Sorento insurance quotes, it's a good possibility that you have found a company that can be trusted to properly service your car insurance policy. Just remember you can always cancel a policy when you choose so don't feel that you're stuck with the car insurance policy indefinitely.
Three reasons to insure your Kia vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia Sorento has a lienholder, most banks will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Kia at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Kia and your personal assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $810 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Smart shoppers get results
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver or even policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
When getting Sacramento auto insurance quotes online, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
You just learned some good ideas how to compare Kia Sorento insurance rates in Sacramento. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)