It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who shop around for better prices are highly likely to switch insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey revealed that drivers who routinely shopped around saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to those who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest price on Kia Spectra insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then understanding the best way to quote and compare auto insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
The best way we recommend to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Sacramento is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in California. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about coverages and the things you can change to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for the details to get lower rates and find missing discounts.
Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you enter the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Best companies for affordable Kia Spectra insurance in California
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Sacramento, CA. In order to find the cheapest car insurance in CA, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
These eight discounts can reduce Kia Spectra insurance rates
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there may be some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total Spectra insurance premium.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Club Memberships – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to scrutinize driving manner through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The best car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include bundle discounts, alternative fuel, mature driver, distant student, electronic funds transfer, and good student.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for safe driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, driver training, good student, 55 and retired, and youthful driver.
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, multiple autos, anti-theft, defensive driving training, student away at school, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for emergency military deployment, military active duty, good student, air bags, multi-policy, seat belt use, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO offers discounts for teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, safe driver, and drive less.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including exclusive group savings, newly married, multi-car, new vehicle discount, multi-policy, and newly retired.
Double check with each company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in Sacramento. To view companies that offer some of these discounts in California, click here.
When should I have guidance from a local insurance agent?
A small number of people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is you may find cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for local insurance agents is especially important in Sacramento.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to companies in Sacramento that can provide free Sacramento car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
When looking for a local Sacramento insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Insurance agents in Sacramento can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Either can insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the subtle differences because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from independent agents for the best price selection.
Shown below are Sacramento independent agents that may be able to give free rate quotes.
Melissa Saites Nelson Insurance Agency, Inc.
4749 J St – Sacramento, CA 95819 – (916) 531-6061 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are highly trained in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following are Sacramento exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
Choosing the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. These questions are important to ask:
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Sacramento?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
Sacramento car insurance companies ranked
Ending up with a highly-rated car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many choices you have in California. The ranking information listed below can help you select which car insurance companies to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- What is the ISO rating for a Kia Spectra?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Specific coverages for a Kia Spectra
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Kia Spectra.
Due to the fact that many California drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (California limits are 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Spectra caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Spectra to bring the cost down.
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 15/30/5 that means you have a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, emergency aid and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The illustration below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hail damage, theft, damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills for things like surgery, funeral costs, nursing services and X-ray expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
As you shop your coverage around, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to shop for Kia Spectra insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Sacramento car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from a small local company. Regional companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Some insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents. Lower-priced auto insurance in Sacramento can be found both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis.
Much more information about auto insurance in California can be found on the following sites:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)