Would you like to save money by finding the cheapest Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Sacramento? Finding cheaper premium rates on Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Sacramento is always nearly impossible for people not familiar with shopping for insurance online. Consumers have so many agents and companies to choose from that it can quickly become a difficult mission to locate the lowest premium rates.
Statistics show that a large majority of insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in California could pocket as much as $500 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they bought a different policy.
Cheaper rates with these eight discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise the entire discount list very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Sacramento auto insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used Range Rover is cheaper because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Telematics Data – Insureds who allow their insurance company to look at driving patterns through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less could be rewarded with discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your policy cost.
Companies who might offer many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
When getting free Sacramento auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Sacramento. If you would like to view car insurance companies with significant discounts in Sacramento, click this link.
Just remember that getting more free quotes provides better odds of finding better pricing. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online price quotes, so it’s important to also get price quotes from them as well.
The providers in the list below provide free quotes in Sacramento, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When selecting a policy, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your car insurance should unique, too. For instance, these questions might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Local Sacramento insurance agents and auto insurance
Many drivers just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the best rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is definitely important in Sacramento.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you directly. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
When looking for a reliable insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Sacramento can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies often have many company appointments so they can quote policies amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, we recommend you include price quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
The following is a partial list of independent agencies in Sacramento who may provide price quotes.
- Ice Insurance Agency
813 F St – Sacramento, CA 95814 – (916) 387-6800 – View Map
- The United Brokers Insurance Agency Inc
7750 College Town Dr #101 – Sacramento, CA 95826 – (877) 223-4437 – View Map
- Eugene C Yates Insurance
Sacramento, CA 95814 – Sacramento, CA 95814 – (916) 442-8841 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They receive extensive training on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Sacramento that can give you price quotes.
- Ron Andre – State Farm Insurance Agent
394 Florin Rd – Sacramento, CA 95831 – (916) 428-2918 – View Map
- Bill Batchelder – State Farm Insurance Agent
8887 Folsom Blvd #3a – Sacramento, CA 95826 – (916) 361-3114 – View Map
- Sig Lindley – State Farm Insurance Agent
8110 Pocket Rd #201 – Sacramento, CA 95831 – (916) 428-7370 – View Map
Picking a insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Sacramento?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
Choosing the best Range Rover insurance in California is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Land Rover Range Rover insurance, insuring your vehicle is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Land Rover at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Land Rover and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $820 a year so compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance coverages 101
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverage types offered by car insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like theft, falling objects and a broken windshield. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch, driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Range Rover to save money on collision insurance.
Liability insurance protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 15/30/5 which stand for a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things such as attorney fees, medical services, repair costs for stationary objects and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses such as prosthetic devices, doctor visits, pain medications, EMT expenses and nursing services. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Land Rover Range Rover.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/5 in California), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Quote. Compare. Save.
Cheap Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Sacramento is attainable online and also from your neighborhood Sacramento agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers sell through local independent agents.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for Land Rover Range Rover insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Land Rover Range Rover insurance quotes. You may even discover the best premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
How to find better rates for Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Sacramento
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get affordable Land Rover Range Rover insurance is to compare prices annually from providers who provide auto insurance in Sacramento.
- Read and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many things that drive up the price like speeding tickets, accidents and bad credit can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. As soon as you receive it, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
The key aspect of shopping around is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)