Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Insureds who get price quotes annually are inclined to buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding a lower-priced company. A recent insurance study discovered that drivers who shopped around saved $850 each year as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest price for insurance in Sacramento is the reason you’re reading this, knowing the best way to quote and compare car insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get low-cost Lexus GS 200t insurance in Sacramento is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers in California. This can be done by completing these steps.
First, gain an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that increase rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and an unacceptable credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to remember is to use the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. This enables a level playing field and the best rate selection.
We hope to teach you a little about how to get online quotes and some money-saving tips. If you have a current car insurance policy, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using the concepts you’re about to learn. Vehicle owners just have to know the most time-saving way to buy car insurance using one simple form.
Companies offering Lexus GS 200t insurance in Sacramento
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Sacramento, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
Slash rates with these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Sacramento auto insurance depending on your company.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best auto insurance rates when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Sacramento may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
To see providers that offer many of these discounts in California, follow this link.
Insurance agents can find coverage gaps
A lot of people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing rates online is you may find lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Sacramento.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. There is no need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the differences because it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part. If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Many can place coverage with smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are independent agencies in Sacramento who may provide competitive price quotes.
- Valley Surety Insurance
947 Enterprise Dr # A – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 567-6676 – View Map
- Peter S Schiro Ins Agcy Inc
1515 30th St #200 – Sacramento, CA 95816 – (916) 444-9787 – View Map
- McGee and Thielen Insurance Brokers
3840 Rosin Ct #245 – Sacramento, CA 95834 – (800) 901-9636 – View Map
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Below are exclusive agencies in Sacramento that can give you price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance: Max Lam
2840 Del Paso Rd #300 – Sacramento, CA 95834 – (916) 575-7600 – View Map
- Timothy Aust – State Farm Insurance Agent
2710 Arden Way – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 482-5328 – View Map
- Bill Batchelder – State Farm Insurance Agent
8887 Folsom Blvd #3a – Sacramento, CA 95826 – (916) 361-3114 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Sacramento?
What is the best auto insurance company in California?
Choosing a good quality insurance company can be difficult considering how many choices drivers have in California. The rank data displayed below may help you analyze which providers you want to consider comparing rates from.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Cover all your bases
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to lower your Lexus GS 200t insurance rates in Sacramento. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Sacramento auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from an unexpected company.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices and lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
To learn more, link through to these articles:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Sacramento Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Bad Credit in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Felons in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)