It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper Lincoln MKC insurance in Sacramento is to compare prices annually from different companies in California. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Gain an understanding of policy coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that drive up the price like traffic violations, accidents, and a lousy credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper MKC coverage is available in Sacramento. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new carrier. Make sure you keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
One important bit of advice is to try to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never compared rates with other companies. Drivers in California could save themselves about 35% a year just by comparing rates, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce premiums using the concepts you’re about to learn. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Sacramento is much easier if you know where to start. But California car owners do need to learn how big insurance companies determine how much to charge because rates fluctuate considerably.
Informed Consumers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
- Fewer miles means better prices – The more you drive your Lincoln annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance coverage shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having the wrong rating on your MKC can cost quite a bit.
- Performance influences rates – The make and model of the car you are insuring makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The lowest base rates will generally be found on the lowest performance passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Big cities mean more claims – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Less people translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers who live in large California cities tend to have much more traffic and much longer commute distances. The longer drive time means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- How much liability insurance do you need? – The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you if ever you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Do you have a tough vocation? – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like military generals, executives, and medical professionals tend to pay the highest average rates because of intense work requirements and lengthy work days. On the flip side, professions such as scientists, historians and retirees get better rates.
- Your gender affects prices – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Males and females get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
Lincoln MKC statistical loss data – Companies analyze historical claim data to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates for specific coverages. The next table shows the insurance loss data for Lincoln MKC vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Numbers under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Lincoln MKC Vehicles Specific Lincoln Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKC 4dr 2WD 97 76 69 Lincoln MKC 4dr 4WD 99 68 72 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheap Lincoln MKC insurance in Sacramento
Some companies do not advertise every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so we researched a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Sacramento auto insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could earn substantially lower prices.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some auto insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current MKC insurance policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive a small discount on rates.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Student in College – Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Some companies who may offer many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your state. For a list of companies who offer discounts in Sacramento, click this link.
California car insurance company ratings
Selecting the highest-rated insurance company is hard considering how many companies there are in California. The information in the lists below could help you select which auto insurers to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
More effort can pay off
As you quote Sacramento auto insurance, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we presented many ideas to lower your Lincoln MKC insurance premium rates in Sacramento. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests or high rates after DUI convictions. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)