Are you regretting buying high-priced Lincoln MKS insurance in Sacramento? Don’t sweat it because there are a lot of people in Sacramento just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy.
Unfortunately, most consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Many consumers in California could cut their rates by almost $470 a year by just shopping around, but they don’t know how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Drivers have so many car insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, more choices can make it harder to compare rates for Lincoln MKS insurance in Sacramento.
It’s smart to quote other rates at least once a year because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the lowest rates on Lincoln MKS insurance in Sacramento a few years ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about MKS insurance online, but we’re going to give you some proven techniques to buy car insurance cheaper in Sacramento.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Sacramento is not rocket science. In a nutshell, every person who is required to buy car insurance stands a good chance to buy a cheaper policy. But California car owners do need to understand how companies determine premium rates and use it to your advantage.
Compare Sacramento Lincoln MKS insurance quotes
When comparison shopping, more quotes helps you find more affordable insurance. Some companies don’t provide Sacramento MKS insurance quotes over the internet, so you need to compare prices from them as well.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Sacramento, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Why you need auto insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lincoln in Sacramento, auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, almost every bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lincoln at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in California overpays more than $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Data for Lincoln MKS insurance
The coverage table below outlines detailed analysis of insurance prices for Lincoln MKS models. Understanding more about how auto insurance policy rates are established is important for making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKS AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$370||$804||$424||$26||$128||$1,752||$146|
|MKS 4-Dr Sedan||$370||$804||$424||$26||$128||$1,752||$146|
|MKS Ecoboost AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$406||$910||$424||$26||$128||$1,894||$158|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can impact premium rates greatly.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Lincoln MKS insurance costs for different age categories. The data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The illustration below shows the difference between Lincoln MKS insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no definitive guideline to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Lincoln MKS settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $400 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Get cheaper rates on Lincoln MKS insurance in Sacramento with these auto insurance discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Sacramento car insurance quote.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Sacramento car insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model is cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Sacramento may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Lincoln could earn slightly better rates than normal.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable companies to monitor their driving habits remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a class that teaches driver safety techniques could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount will lower your overall premium however.
The chart below shows the comparison of Lincoln MKS auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple autos, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, student away at school, and accident-free.
- Esurance may offer discounts for multi-car, homeowner, online shopper, DriveSense, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, newly retired, newly married, new move discount, exclusive group savings, and new vehicle discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include group or association, mature driver, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, good student, paperless, and teen driver.
- GEICO has discounts for emergency military deployment, membership and employees, multi-policy, defensive driver, and driver training.
If you need low cost Sacramento car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in your area. To see auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, click this link.
Are car insurance agents obsolete?
Many people would rather talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the best rates and still have a local agent.
By using this short form, your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Sacramento who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Sacramento?
- How are claims handled?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
Listed below is a short list of insurers in Sacramento that can give you rate quotes for Lincoln MKS insurance in Sacramento.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Always remember that when buying your policy, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- What is the ISO rating for a Lincoln MKS?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
How to find a good California car insurance company
Choosing a high-quality insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies there are in California. The ranking information shown next may help you select which auto insurers you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Affordable coverage is out there
When trying to cut insurance costs, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
We covered many tips how you can find cheaper Lincoln MKS insurance in Sacramento. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Lincoln MKS rate quotes. You may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
How to buy low-cost Lincoln MKS insurance in Sacramento
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to quote cheaper Lincoln MKS insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers who sell auto insurance in Sacramento. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, gain an understanding of auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher prices such as careless driving and poor credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get prices from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
More information can be read on the following sites:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Sacramento Car Insurance Rates for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Optima in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Sacramento Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)