Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of California insurance customers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. American drivers could save themselves up to $860 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
If you want to save money, the best way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates in Sacramento is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers who sell insurance in California. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- First, learn about how your policy works and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details. This article provides tips to help prevent costly coverage and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the newly selected company. Immediately safely store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to use identical coverage information on each quote and to quote with every insurance company. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
Pricing the lowest-priced auto insurance coverage in Sacramento is not as confusing as people think. If you have a policy now or just want to reduce your rates, take advantage of these tips to buy cheaper auto insurance without having to cut coverage. Drivers just need to learn the proper way to compare insurance rates on the web.
Cutting your car insurance rates can be quick and easy. You just need to spend a few minutes on the computer getting comparison quotes to find the company with affordable Mazda 2 insurance quotes.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Sacramento, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your 2 with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mazda at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Mazda but also your financial assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America overpays more than $825 a year so you should quote and compare rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Smart Consumers Can Save Money
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that help determine your policy premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into your prices.
Consider raising deductibles – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Mazda from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a broken side mirror, hail damage, or theft. The deductibles you choose state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Tickets cost more than a fine – Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Having a single citation can bump up the cost substantially. Drivers who have license-revoking violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
Credit rating impact auto insurance prices – A driver’s credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit score is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Mazda 2 by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have bad credit.
Deter theft and save – Buying a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Discount Sacramento auto insurance rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may be missing some discounts to help bring down the price. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but a few must be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing over the internet.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow their company to spy on their driving habits by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on auto insurance.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, and online quote discount.
- MetLife offers discounts including claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for anti-theft, age of vehicle, professional/association, multi-policy, type of vehicle, good student, and accident-free.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include business or organization, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, accident-free, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, federal employee, seat belt use, military active duty, membership and employees, air bags, and emergency military deployment.
- AAA may offer discounts for good student, anti-theft, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in your area. For a list of insurers offering auto insurance discounts in California, follow this link.
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Mazda 2?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Buying from insurance agencies
Many drivers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is especially important in Sacramento.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Sacramento that provide free Sacramento car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around since price quotes are sent to you instantly. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you want a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Sacramento are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know why they differ because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing car insurance rates, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through less well-known companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Sacramento that may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Big Savings Insurance Agency, Incorporated
1451 River Park Dr Suite 260 – Sacramento, CA 95815 – (888) 719-6743 – View Map
- Bertolino Insurance Agency
9719 Lincoln Village Dr #409 – Sacramento, CA 95827 – (916) 384-9621 – View Map
- Morelos Insurance Agency
5346 Madison Ave – Sacramento, CA 95841 – (916) 482-5500 – View Map
Agents of this type can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Below are Sacramento exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Timothy Aust – State Farm Insurance Agent
2710 Arden Way – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 482-5328 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
5211 Madison Ave – Sacramento, CA 95841 – (916) 923-5050 – View Map
- Sig Lindley – State Farm Insurance Agent
8110 Pocket Rd #201 – Sacramento, CA 95831 – (916) 428-7370 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. Any agent in Sacramento should have no problem answering these questions:
- Where would glass claims be handled in Sacramento?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Sacramento?
How to find a good California car insurance company
Insuring your vehicle with the top company can be rather challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in California. The rank data in the lists below could help you select which providers to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can lower your Mazda 2 insurance prices in Sacramento. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Sacramento car insurance, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Mazda 2 rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with a small local company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Discount Mazda 2 insurance in Sacramento can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Sacramento, so you need to quote Sacramento car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- How Much is Sacramento Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)